Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Is anything known about the owner? Maybe they died or went into a nursing home or something. Seems like if they just didn't give a crap they would have euthanized.
That crossed my mind as well. Someone's parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc could have passed on and there's nobody that can or will care for this poor soul I hear about those scenarios all the time.

I wonder what might happen when my (almost 90) year old grandparents-in-law pass on.........they have two chihuahuas. One is about 7 and the other is around 10 years old, so really there's a VERY good chance those dogs will outlive them. There is no way we can take either of them because they are both males and Orson would NOT accept the arrangement.

Things like that happen all the time, so I'm inclined to agree with smkie........unless I know more, I can't condemn them. I can feel terribly sorry for the dog though.........heart breaking
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
overdogged

I got my 15 1/2 year old poodle because her owner had dementia and had to go into a home and was not able to take the dog (who she couldn't really care for anyway). She didn't have any family to take care of her. Her young poodle was taken in by her groomer, and Siren was taken in by her veterinarian. She was lucky enough to have people around her who would help her out by caring for her dogs.

Her story makes it hard for me to judge too harshly without knowing the actual circumstances.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
How sad

Is she in Canada?
Texas.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Poor thing. If he was close I would probably go against my better judgement and pick him up

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Is anything known about the owner? Maybe they died or went into a nursing home or something. Seems like if they just didn't give a crap they would have euthanized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Poor old girl. No matter what the circumstances, its heartbreaking for a 21 yr old dog to have to deal with that kind of stress and upheaval. I hope she is able to find a nice home to live out her days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
I got my 15 1/2 year old poodle because her owner had dementia and had to go into a home and was not able to take the dog (who she couldn't really care for anyway). She didn't have any family to take care of her. Her young poodle was taken in by her groomer, and Siren was taken in by her veterinarian. She was lucky enough to have people around her who would help her out by caring for her dogs.

Her story makes it hard for me to judge too harshly without knowing the actual circumstances.
^^All of these. Poor old girl. I really hope she finds peace for her remaining days. This all must be very confusing and stressful for her.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
This! That was my first thought, because that is how we got Noodle, his owners went into nursing home/hospital and we had to strip him from his home, not like it was a nice place, I never want to clean out the house of a hoarder again! Anyway, other than that... So help me Noods if you live to 21 ! We've been griping about him just expressing his glands tonight and now he's licking his butt...yeah.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 PM
~Lisa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Poor thing. If he was close I would probably go against my better judgement and pick him up
I thought she was in Ottawa thanks to the OP and was about to arrange a train for her to come live out her last year(S) here. Im sure she would love to lay ont he couch all day with my elderly grandma. I have a bleeding heart for oldies, one day \i will adopt a senior who just needs a cozy place to pass. But I think texas is a little far for such a old lady to travel.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankstar View Post
I thought she was in Ottawa thanks to the OP and was about to arrange a train for her to come live out her last year(S) here. Im sure she would love to lay ont he couch all day with my elderly grandma. I have a bleeding heart for oldies, one day \i will adopt a senior who just needs a cozy place to pass. But I think texas is a little far for such a old lady to travel.
YOU'RE IN ONTARIO?! How did I not know this?!

and yah, sorry, I put the wrong link up in the OP

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

It doesn't say anywhere, does it, why the dog was given to the shelter? I can't imagine keeping a dog for 21 years and then giving it up. People who give up on dogs usually don't last that long...unless they got the dog way later in it's life. At any rate, it's very possible something happened to the owner as mentioned. I hope this sweet, old dog gets a good home for the remaining years left.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

It says it's best that she doesn't go to a home with children, cats, other dogs. So that is something to take into consideration too.