Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

- Dogs. First and foremost.. I am a fan of doggie things. I like training classes, classic long lasting collars/leads, food (I feed raw)

- Personal products. I spoil myself in the makeup/spa department. I love GOOD makeup, I spend way too much at Laura Mercier and sephora lol I love good perfume, good lotion, luxurious shampoo

- Shoes. I like high heels and ballet flats most. Converse are what I live in really lol

- Dresses. I love casual day dresses. I LOVE MODCLOTH! I don't spend a lot on each but do love good quality
I live for cute dates and excuses to wear a pretty dress

- Shiny apple products. I'll be damned. I'M AN ADDICT.
This is what my desktop looks like lol it's ridiculous. I don't really buy the stuff though.. my family just knows how I am soo..

I love apple products! How they work together, how everything is so pretty, easy to use.. and ooy gorgeous.

- Jeans.
I live in jeans. I LOVE dresses but jeans are my "home" lol I do splurge on NICE QUALITY jeans. J-brand are a personal favorite.. I love a good dark washed skinny jean.

- Bows. Hair bows.. lol doubt it's a surprise to anyone but my bow collection is beyond ridiculous haha

- City living in general I'd say is my biggest expense.
I pay more to live in a tiny apartment.. just to be close to everything.
I can't stand living in the suburbs/country and hopefully never will.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Obey the Toad.

-Dog stuff--toys, food, and classes mostly. I will buy extra collars and leashes but I won't buy super expensive ones. I love nice leather leashes though.

-Bird stuff--I love buying bird stuff and can easily drop an obsene amount of money just on toys. The parakeets aren't too hard on toys but Yoda destroys them like it's his job. It's amazing how much some of them can cost. Many of them are meant to be destructible too, so often you're dropping $20 on a toy that may not make it to the end of the week.

-Coach. Yes, it's my weakness. We have an outlet near us, but there was a regular store put in an area mall recently. The one I'm carrying now was $300, and that's the most I've spent on one (so far-lol).

-Decorative stuff for the house. If I worked at Pier 1 I'd never get a pay check--I'd literally be working for area rugs, table lamps, and artsy end tables.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
-Decorative stuff for the house. If I worked at Pier 1 I'd never get a pay check--I'd literally be working for area rugs, table lamps, and artsy end tables.
Hahaha, oh yes. I actually had a coworker at my former job who took on a very part time position at pottery barn just for their employee discount. She had just purchased a house she wanted to furnish, lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

I spend money on the boys and the horses. I also like many of the Thirty-One Gifts items, hence why I signed up to be a consultant. lol
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I would like to get into decorative stuff for the house but I have ZERO sense of style lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

I have a horse with health issues, so that's about 90% of my disposable income.

The dogs get another 9% of it - classes, training, food, and trialing (although that's eased up a lot for now - when Gusto gets started, it'll go through the roof again).

The other 1% is music and books mostly. I adore musical theater, and go through phases where I *must* have certain things to watch/listen to. I drove to six stores the other day because I suddenly absolutely was going to die without the version of Memphis filmed on Broadway. I try my best to be nice and legal and purchase all my music as well, so that takes a hit when I get on a craze. I get a lot of Barnes and Noble gift certificates as gifts, so I just keep those loaded on my Nook and download whatever I want.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

The dogs eat up all my spare money

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Twin 2.0

I'm still getting used to having actual, decent disposable income, so I'm catching up on buying stuff I've needed for a while. Right now, unfortunately, that means clothes, mostly for work and even more unfortunately, about the only things that look good/fit are from Express and Banana Republic with minor bits of Target thrown in. Luckily I'm getting better at sales and coupons.

Going out. I get a kick out of grabbing the tab before the boys can and paying for the whole thing. Also, I just like being able to treat myself to sushi or a good brunch.

Mostly though, camera stuff. I'd say Sawyer, but he's an easy dog to please and there's just no time for competition-type stuff, so we stick to hikes and stuff and those are pretty much free.

I'll be dropping a decent amount on a new car here in the next couple of months and picking up a motorcycle in the spring.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Top Dog

Right now, nothing. I haven't gotten a paycheck since April (mine should be coming any day ; there's some mix-up with the human resources folks).

Usually, it's eating out, though. I love food.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 AM
BusterLove

You got me, it just slips through my fingers. lol

At the moment I'm catching up on my credit card and car loan, getting my tax back in a few weeks will put a dent in that.
My "spending" money goes to dog stuff, clothes and going out with friends.