Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Things I'll spend a lot of money on....

Dog/pet stuff. Treats, chews, toys, good food, collars, leashes, class fees, grooming, etc.

Food (especially eating out). I really hate cooking, and I'm absolutely terrible at it, so eating well typically means eating out. I also have a tendancy to buy expensive "snacks" - I just spent $7 on a (small) container of the awesomest cheese spread to put on crackers.

Books - but I try to do most of my book shopping at garage sales and thrift stores and such, so it cuts down on the cost.

Things I won't spend a lot of money on...

Clothes. Especially jeans - I can wear out a pair of jeans so fast at work that I really can't justify spending a lot of money on them. I get the majority of my "work jeans" from thrift stores.

Household-y type things. I just don't really see a need.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Ball Thrower

The only handbags/purses I buy are seatbelt bags from Harvey's. I love the colors and they are pretty unique and durable.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Are you dead yet?

Lately, it's been eating out. I don't even WANT to spend much money on food, but I do so out of convenience.

Normally, I splurge on things like computers, games, makeup and dog stuff.

I've had the same $30 purse for years. I don't currently own any expensive clothes. One day I'll have a small wardrobe of dress clothes but right now I'm in the middle of going from disgustingly fat to slightly less revolting, and I don't want to buy any more fat clothes than I absolutely have to.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I would LOVE a Dooney and Bourke disney purse but I just can't spend that kind of money on a purse not even a Disney purse. I think my brain would explode if I did lol.

I just looked on ebay and not sure if they are real or not but I love some of them! especially this little wallet!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-95-Brand-n...item2a21356998

This is cute to. I worry about getting one on ebay and it not being real but this isn't a brand Im huge on I just like disney!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Doone...item3f1a8d236a

Do they only sell these at disney?

I saw a purse at fin feather fur that was all bedazzled with a cross on it and its pink but camo on it and its so gaudy its awful but I love it but it was 75$ and I just couldn't do it for a tacky purse!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 08-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I am not sure where all they sell them. I think anywhere that sells dooney and bourke ... maybe.

I love this one

and this one

and this one

and this one lol

there are others but those are my favs

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Plus One

Competing with horses. I will throw money at competing, lessons and open days at cross country courses without hesitation. This week I am taking one horse cross country on Thursday, show jumping another Thursday night and then taking 2 cross country on Sunday although there's a competition I might be doing instead. I may also have a lesson on Saturday. I would totally do the same for dog training but for some reason people are more likely to haul me and a horse(s) around than me and a dog

I've recently discovered Ebooks as well and thank goodness for amazon gift cards! I gift myself a certain amount of money when I have the extra cash and then that's it until I next get the some more extra cash. It means I'm not just spending constantly and it's made me even pickier!

Junk food is a major thing for me. I buy too much at once , eat it all and then do the same thing the next time I'm the store!

That's really it though for me and I'm still to save a good bit of money so I suppose it's not all bad.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Felurian

Mine's eked out in small increments as I scrape it together, lol.

Metalwork supplies, gemstones to work with (especially moonstones, although I've got a stash of herks, a few opals and a gorgeous big Yowah opal I want to do something special with), books, Darling Clandestine scents and Mon Ennui pigments.

I could do lingerie in a big way if I were afflicted with any real disposable income.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Active Pup

Movies, my house is awash with DVDs. I've not moved onto blu-ray yet but once the price is down I will!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

Vacations. The past few years, we've spent close to $10k/year on airfare and cruises and various trips. Part if it's inevitable--my family is all in California, so it's around $1000 each time we head out to visit them.

Otherwise, it's dresses. It's a mixed blessing that the mall between work and home is being torn down right now, because I used to stop every other week or so and pick up a new outfit. Now it's a pain to get to my favorite stores, and I refuse to pay for shipping online, so I really haven't bought clothes for several months.

Then, like all of us, I'm a sucker for dog stuff. I drop $100/month on agility classes, and all summer I've been renting out various facilities for drop in practice. I can't drive past a pet store without poking my head in for treats, either.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Mutts to you

Dog stuff, books and dog figurines/statues... I try not to spend too much since house/barn/property projects take priority. Just finished rebuilding the double gates for the driveway turnaround and we're going to add a ramp to the porch (we're on a hill and it's six steps up) so Murph will have an easier time; he's getting older and a little stiff in one hind leg. Does that qualify as dog stuff, too?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey