Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Exclamation Pet Hate! "Europe"

Europe is a continent.

If you say - "this person in Europe" or "I'm travelling to Europe" it means NOTHING. Nadda. Nowt.

That's like me saying "I'm travelling to the Southern Hemisphere next summer". It tells you nothing!

There are like a MILLION countries (slight exaggeration) and they're ALL completely different. Languages, climates, people, cultures....!

If you can't specify which country IN Europe you're referring to, maybe you shouldn't be referring to them! Or buy a map

/end rant

(and I'm pretty sure I've referred to "Africa" as a place before too.... which I'm sure must REALLY grate on African's like it does us Europeans )
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Hmmm well I just referred to Europe, knowing full well that's it's a continent and also knowing full well that I DID NOT remember what country in Europe.

So... um... so sad, too bad? I still think I have the right to refer to Europe as a continent. *shrug*

Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Hmmm well I just referred to Europe, knowing full well that's it's a continent and also knowing full well that I DID NOT remember what country in Europe.

So... um... so sad, too bad? I still think I have the right to refer to Europe as a continent. *shrug*
Someone missed the smilies and the Africa bit
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Someone missed the smilies and the Africa bit
Nope, I saw them.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM
such sights to show you

You might be amazed how different the subcultures, people, climates, and terrain of the different regions/states of the USA vary, as well.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

I think often people go on vacation and do go to multiple countries...so yes, its easier to say "I am traveling to Europe" then to mention the multiple destinations
Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Eh. People refer to us (North America) as America -- they don't even specify which. United States of America = country. America = one of 2 continents.

I just don't bother spending the energy to be annoyed by it

Referring to it as Europe absolutely means something. Like it or not, it's your continent, so when they say Europe, they are referring to a place. It's often used instead of naming off multiple countries (it's much easier to say "I'm going to Europe" than to make off 5 countries you'll be visiting on vacation).

ETA: southern hemisphere is not a continent. No, it's really not the same thing.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
You might be amazed how different the subcultures, people, climates, and terrain of the different regions/states of the USA vary, as well.
I know this!

In fact, trying to explain to my other half that America isn't just made up of cities with macdonalds is the hard part

Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Eh. People refer to us (North America) as America -- they don't even specify which. United States of America = country. America = one of 2 continents.

I just don't bother spending the energy to be annoyed by it

Referring to it as Europe absolutely means something. Like it or not, it's your continent, so when they say Europe, they are referring to a place. It's often used instead of naming off multiple countries (it's much easier to say "I'm going to Europe" than to make off 5 countries you'll be visiting on vacation).

ETA: southern hemisphere is not a continent. No, it's really not the same thing.
Aren't you Canadian?

Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I know this!

In fact, trying to explain to my other half that America isn't just made up of cities with macdonalds is the hard part
In your other half's defense, pretty much every where you go here, you can find McDonald's

That's why all Americans are fat. We also all have guns and drive pickup trucks