Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Bored

Help me please.

Mia is bored and she is taking it out on me by being a whiny dog that wants balls thrown all the time and is up in my face ALL the time. Just whining constantly. I know it's because she's bored as can be.

I don't know what to do, it's been 110+ out for a week. For about 3 weeks before that it was over 100 every day. No agility this week since we practice outside.

I've been playing with her indoors a lot. Lots of shaping. Lots of ball. Done a few petsmart trips a week. But she's booooooored she says. I wish I had dogs that would swim because that would make things much easier. But no. No swimming dogs for me.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I wish I had dogs that would swim because that would make things much easier. But no. No swimming dogs for me.
Place papillons in center of pool. Let them swim to the edge. Repeat.

Of course Mia would wreak some horrible revenge upon you later, but at least she'd be tired

Or you could just take them somewhere new. With A/C. Give her something new to think about for a while lol

Yeah...good luck.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I don't know, but when you figure it out, let me know, because I have a very angry Corgi here.

Tried a BusterCube, she barked at it to try and make it give up its secrets. When that didn't work, she was over it. GRRRR.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Apparently we need to put Gusto, Keeva, and Mia in a big room together and let them be entertain each other. It is 96 here; I took both dogs swimming earlier, but now he'd like to go again please. I'm too hot to even think about the hike from the car to the water.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Apparently we need to put Gusto, Keeva, and Mia in a big room together and let them be entertain each other. It is 96 here; I took both dogs swimming earlier, but now he'd like to go again please. I'm too hot to even think about the hike from the car to the water.
OMG, actually, once Keeva got over herself, she would probably LOVE that. LOL

Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Top Dog

Elsie is rotating between throwing herself down on her side under my chair and panting, barking/warbling at 'threats' (read: small birds, cars far away, leaves moving in the wind and nothing) outside until she's told to shut up, and throwing toys at people to get them to play with her.

I've been hosing her down and playing fetch with her, but she's dry in 5-10 minutes.

We've been clicker training, but when it's this hot, she loses her appetite, and I can't play fetch because she'll overheat...

Mostly she's just grumpy.

Zobby is being much more tolerable. He's sleeping against our new roommate's door. She works nights and he's hoping she'll cave and let him in to sleep with her.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Top Dog

Frozen Kongs? I guess I'm lucky, one dog is old, one dog is fat and lazy, and Enda just doesn't like the heat so we play ball in short spirts or go for a walk in the woods.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:27 PM
such sights to show you

Sometimes when he's bored and it's too hot out to exercise, I throw Squash in the car and take him for a ride. He likes to watch stuff, it's air conditioned, and he's anticipating going somewhere. Sometimes I go nowhere, sometimes I drive somewhere we don't normally go and take a short walk with him. Either way, it seems to help.

ETA: Now that I typed that, am I remembering right that Mia doesn't ride well in the car or doesn't like it? Whoops, NM I guess.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Walk at night?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
OMG, actually, once Keeva got over herself, she would probably LOVE that. LOL
On second thought, leaving those three brains together may be the last thing we should do. They would entertain themselves by taking over the planet.