Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
So in other words... no, he can't define them.
AHAHAHA I didn't even read that far. What a dipshit! LOL

Old 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
AHAHAHA I didn't even read that far. What a dipshit! LOL
You know you're dealing with an idiot when...
Old 08-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

I like how he 'likes' the two arguably most famous 'hollywood' dog trainers and mentions them repeatedly. Really, you couldn't think of anyone else? Even I can think of a handful of dog trainers that I've watched/read that I could mention rather than those two, and I'm not training other people's dogs.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Sit! Good dog.

No idea who he is. I googled. I found this:

The dog pack is always defined by who is the Alpha. Discipline is prevalent in the animal kingdom and our ignorance of this fact has cost many dogs their lives. That***8217;s because dogs seek out the alpha position and will nip, bite or attack family members in order to move up the ranks of the human/dog hierarchy. In a dog pack the leader will discipline at any cost. This is essential and mandatory alpha behaviour if order is to be kept. When the members of the human family fail to establish their superiority, the dog naturally assumes it is in charge and will dispense discipline as it sees fit, with often disastrous results.

Consequently, I refuse to use treats when working with dogs and prefer to 1) interrupt a dog***8217;s bad behaviour 2) then discipline and finally 3) reward the dog with a massage to the chest.

What. The. Feck???
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

PL: What is the body language of a fearful dog?

BP: That is impossible for me to answer, every dog will be different.

Reason is simple, fearful body language is the norm for him, he creates it in a dog (and their owners) and he thinks that is how they should look. lol

As for Premack???? highly doubt he knows who that is, let alone anything about it. Ol BP is one of those people that everytime they open their mouths, they confirm what most educated people already know, uneducated and an idiot.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Top Dog

I don't know who this guy is either
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm All Ears

Be glad. He's had a couple of tv shows. At the End of the Leash is the one I know of.

Ado, if he doesn't recognize that this is fearful behavior....

Quote:
L: In response to pinning your dog, ***8206;from your book Synergy. “I have all my clients perform this twice a day for a minimum of twenty repetitions; however you may need to do more.

“Reactions to be aware of during this exercise are grumbling, whining, heavy-breathing, yipping, shrieking, clawing, thrashing, and throwing back the head.

“What your dog has been able to get away with in the past will be one factor in how your dog responds to this exercise. If your dog believes that it has some Alpha dominance in your pack, you will have a harder time. In extreme cases, some dogs that were totally household dominant in their families have defecated or urinated during this exercise. Never stop this exercise until you have won!

“The pinning exercise may take up to 1 hour. Wear a long sleeve shirt, and if your dog is prone to snapping or biting, prepare him with a properly fitted muzzle.”
Old 08-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

Consequently, I refuse to use treats when working with dogs and prefer to 1) interrupt a dog’s bad behaviour 2) then discipline and finally 3) reward the dog with a massage to the chest.
Ryan tried that on me once as a reward, though I think he liked it more than I did

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Ryan tried that on me once as a reward, though I think he liked it more than I did

Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
LOL!!!

There's a trainer that advertises in my city that is a Pattison graduate. I'm tempted to go watch one of her classes, just for lolz.