Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Renee,

Exactly. The lines are blurring more for him though because dad said he wasn't quite sure what was being "pretended" and what was actual decline.
I think if he isn't just completely gone it might be less embarassing for him to say he is pretending rather than admitting he's losing himself.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Blackout

If one is indeed losing control of one's facilities I don't think you would be able to retain the ability to cherry pick whom you act looney with and whom you don't. He's apparently REALLY clear with certain people - so I don't quite know what to make of that.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I live with my Grandma who has moderate Dementia. She is a mean mean woman now, yells at people cusses,is just fairly volatile....at times. Sometimes she is this way and other times she is like tthe sweet lady I grew up with.

You have to remember they have a disease. It develops over time and gets worse.

When my grandma is being hurtful, I turn the other cheek. Cause I know she doesn't mean it and in less rhan 10 minutes, she wont remember saying it.

As much as I'd like to lash back, its not right. She is an 80 year old woman and yelling at her does nothing bit hurt us both. She deserves respect, she has seen wars,depressions and other horrible things, lost her 2 sons and her husband in her lifetime.

If you have a volatile relationship with tour grandpa, then don't go see him or if you have to go, don't respond negatively, change the subject or walk away but don't yell at him. He deserves your respect unless he did something horrible to you in your life.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I live with my Grandma who has moderate Dementia. She is a mean mean woman now, yells at people cusses,is just fairly volatile....at times. Sometimes she is this way and other times she is like tthe sweet lady I grew up with.

You have to remember they have a disease. It develops over time and gets worse.

When my grandma is being hurtful, I turn the other cheek. Cause I know she doesn't mean it and in less rhan 10 minutes, she wont remember saying it.

As much as I'd like to lash back, its not right. She is an 80 year old woman and yelling at her does nothing bit hurt us both. She deserves respect, she has seen wars,depressions and other horrible things, lost her 2 sons and her husband in her lifetime.

If you have a volatile relationship with tour grandpa, then don't go see him or if you have to go, don't respond negatively, change the subject or walk away but don't yell at him. He deserves your respect unless he did something horrible to you in your life.
This is a good post!

It's hard on you, but think how hard getting old and feeling like crap must be to him, and everyone who gets close to the end of their life.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I am of the opinion that he is an old man who is delusional. Ignore him. Screaming at him make you look crazy. Not the other way around.
Gotta agree with this. In what way is it productive to engage in an argument with him - for either of you? I'm sure screaming "F*** you" at him really made him reconsider what he was saying.

Who was it that had the sig that said "I do not have to attend every argument I am invited to?" Good words to live by.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
If one is indeed losing control of one's facilities I don't think you would be able to retain the ability to cherry pick whom you act looney with and whom you don't. He's apparently REALLY clear with certain people - so I don't quite know what to make of that.
The fact that he's singling you out for "special treatment" . . . that makes it so much more difficult to deal with and not feel especially hurt.

The best thing to do is to stay away as much as possible -- and when you can't, have you got an iPod?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Blackout

Can't get away with the earbuds LOL - I've tried it before. Will just really do my best to stay away from the situation.

Spoke to dad about it the other night - suggested he try to seek better care for granddad. Dad said he knows very well what he is receiving currently is insufficient to his needs, but it's my mom's two elder brothers (granddad's sons) that are organizing and getting his care together, So dad doesn't want to step on anyone's toes or get embroiled into their internal politics - but he agrees with me and will put in a word when he can. Fair enough. I would probably do the same in his shoes.

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Felurian

I've found that if I run the cord up my back, so that it's under the back of my hair, no one sees the ear buds

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 AM
such sights to show you

I know there's obviously a history behind this one visit, but the things that he said were so completely outlandish that they're not even worth taking seriously, let alone engaging him over. Obviously he's not in his right mind, the things he was saying weren't even coherent.

Either don't go, or just ignore him, there's no point in arguing with him when he's probably barely aware of the words coming out of his mouth.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Blackout

I won't go. If I absolutely MUST - I will ignore him completely or wait it out in another room.

I really distrust him - he's not a innocent old man. So I have no idea what is true delusion, false premise, "hamming" it up, or so on. I can't give him the benefit of the doubt...again.

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard