Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Thumbs down Got kicked by a horse today >_<

Today I was cleaning a stall & out of no where (the stupid guy ... The older dude that knows nothing) gave them 7 CC's of clenbuterol which is waaaaaay too much IMHO, the most we have ever given is 3! Anyway something going by on the rd outside caused a bright reflection to flash & she spooked (I was at the back of the stall, the horse was no where near me) & kicked out before do could get out of the way & kicked me in the area btw my chest & shoulder area it was technically a 'glancing' blow but it was hard enough to knock me against the back of the stall wall & knock my glasses off (which I found in the hay un schathed thank god) so needless to say I am pretty sore right now (PLZ excuse any typos lol, it hurts to move my shoulder at all) I don't think it's broken but I do have one he'll of a hematoma ... Will post pics when I can.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

Ouch! Glad your ok though!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
<--------Orson

Ack! Glad it wasn't worse, I'm sure it could have been.

We who do not own horses only see the glamour of riding them, all the hazards and yucky stuff aren't what we want to think of, LOL
Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 PM

Yeah she could have gotten me in my face lol now that would have been bad :-S

Honestly thr thought of moving my arm in a circle makes me cringe, I have this weird thing where I CBS look at horrific injuries & horses I buries with NP but thinking about or looking at injuries of my OWN makes me kinda nauseous lol.

The pain is not horrible or unbearable, I had a little but if a head ache thr other day & last nite, I don't think that I hit my head on the back (half way up the stalls is a wire screen, not a solid wall I the back... Which is where I was standing) but I think I did suffer slight whiplash or something (neck doesn't hurt & there is no sore spot on my head anywhere).

My shoulder pain is more like deep achy pain since where she kicked me was in the soft tissue area btw my boob & my shoulder/upper arm area.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:58 PM

here are some pics, for some reason the bruising is going down my arm LOL, the kick site is right where my thumb is in the pic as i am holding up my sleeve:

Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Wow! That looks awful. How painful! I'm glad to hear it's starting to heal up.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Ow, that looks awful. Hopefully it feels better soon.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM

well i seem to be gaining range of motion every day LOL i can put my hair in a bun now (i use one of those clippy things to put my hair up in the shower after i wash it to keep my body wash from getting into it) & now thankfully i can do that by myself

Old 07-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Top Dog

Well, that is progress for ya, to be sure. I know...those horrendous bruises make your whole muscles all weak and unable to do anything. Just be careful from now on. Watch those crazy horses. I've had my share of injuries from them myself.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 PM

Luckily I will have a while to heal from this before we start doing horses again lol... Still cent lay on my left side tho & I don't think I will ba able to for a while, also when inlay on my right side I need something to prop my opposite arm up with or it's not comfortable :/