Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Puppy Dog

Default A woman arrested with 100 animals.

I don't have a link, as this was sent to me, but it's still pretty disturbing. 100 animals in a 3 bedroom house.. with dead dogs in the freezer?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Woman With More Than 100 Animals Arrested
From Associated Press
December 16, 2005 7:29 PM EST

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - A woman was arrested after authorities found more than 100 live dogs, cats, birds, goats and a duck in her small, 3-bedroom house.

Officials say they also found 13 dead dogs wrapped in towels in a freezer and refrigerator in Cynthia Walsh's kitchen on Wednesday.

Walsh, 56,was arrested for investigation of animal cruelty after sheriff's deputies and animal services officers went to her home based on an anonymous complaint. She was released on $6,010 bail.

Walsh could not be reached for comment at her home Thursday.

Animal Services manager Eric Anderson described the conditions in the house as "defying anything imaginable."

Deputies who entered the house wore hazardous-material suits and oxygen masks, said Det. Keith Scott, one of eight deputies there.

"Even through the mask, the smell was horrific," Scott said. "The carpet was totally black and worn down - it looked like a Brillo pad. It was bad."

Deputies spent 10 hours collecting the animals, which were taken to the county animal shelter.

Officials said they did not know where Walsh got the animals or how long she had been keeping them. None had been adopted from Animal Services in recent years, Anderson said.

The dogs did not appear to be malnourished but officials would have to examine them to determine their medical conditions, he said.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Island dweller

shhhh I wasn't telling people about that

Looks like that story got picked up by a wire service

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=
Old 12-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Default Woman With More Than 100 Animals Arrested

By Associated Press
Fri Dec 16, 7:29 PM

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - A woman was arrested after authorities found more than 100 live dogs, cats, birds, goats and a duck in her small, 3-bedroom house.

Officials say they also found 13 dead dogs wrapped in towels in a freezer and refrigerator in Cynthia Walsh's kitchen on Wednesday.

Walsh, 56,was arrested for investigation of animal cruelty after sheriff's deputies and animal services officers went to her home based on an anonymous complaint. She was released on $6,010 bail.

Walsh could not be reached for comment at her home Thursday.

Animal Services manager Eric Anderson described the conditions in the house as "defying anything imaginable."

Deputies who entered the house wore hazardous-material suits and oxygen masks, said Det. Keith Scott, one of eight deputies there.

"Even through the mask, the smell was horrific," Scott said. "The carpet was totally black and worn down _ it looked like a Brillo pad. It was bad."

Deputies spent 10 hours collecting the animals, which were taken to the county animal shelter.

Officials said they did not know where Walsh got the animals or how long she had been keeping them. None had been adopted from Animal Services in recent years, Anderson said.

The dogs did not appear to be malnourished but officials would have to examine them to determine their medical conditions, he said.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I W A L R

That is horrifying!Also, Juicy, why did you re-post it?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Active Pup

gosh and i thought i had my hands full with 3 critters!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

Wow, I hate reading stories like that. I have known quite a few people over the years who used to 'rescue' animals off the streets. Problem was, the animals were doing better before they were 'rescued'. There were several ladies I new over time that would pick up anything they found and take it home. Lots of problems occurr when you introduce strays to your home, as we all know. Disease, fighting, marking, you name it. No one can adequately care for that many animals. Most of us can't possibly afford to vaccinate, alter, and feed that many animals well. It was always so frustrating.
It amazes me though that no one notices until it gets THAT bad.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

I'm trying to imagine the whole scenario. 1 woman and 100 dogs all in one house. Looks like a scene from Lord of the Rings.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:46 PM
=)

That is awful!