Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-27-2012, 03:57 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
It looks like a black alaska husky or a racing line sibe.
Heheh, without having read the rest of the thread yet, my first thought was "Oh, they're making... Alaskan huskies." snrk

ETA: Having said that, I don't think the sky is falling. Every breed was created because someone wasn't getting their needs filled. Same story, different year.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
What do I hear most from strangers in relation to my dogs? "Look mommy, wolves!!!"
This is random and totally unrelated to the rest of the thread, but what I hear from strangers is, "Look mommy, an anteater!"
Old 07-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I haven't seen sibes that look like this, bred with a consistent look, nor sibes that have the ideal temperament for sports such as agility and obedience.
This is something also. I've never in my life seen a Sibe that looked like a wolf. Even though Joe Q Public will say that, they say it about Knox and Indy and Ozzy too. They've asked if Enzo is a pit bull before as well.

This is definitely a different looking dog than a Sibe. I've not seen a lot of Alaskan Huskys, but the ones I HAVE seen don't look like that either.

I could totally see getting one to just dabble in sports like agility and nosework and maybe some flyball or something. But at the same time not NEEDING to be worked like that.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:40 PM
& the Muttly Crew

There are enough big problems in dog breeding with regards to puppy mills and BYBs that have never done anything with their dogs including health/temperament testing that, honestly, someone breeding dogs they've had health tested for relevant things, had objectively temperament tested, and about which are being honest about what they actually produce? Go for it.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

I love this, love the idea, I've always wanted a wolf but obviously know better, and I really want to get my hands on one of these someday as their temperament sounds perfect for me
Old 07-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
There are enough big problems in dog breeding with regards to puppy mills and BYBs that have never done anything with their dogs including health/temperament testing that, honestly, someone breeding dogs they've had health tested for relevant things, had objectively temperament tested, and about which are being honest about what they actually produce? Go for it.
I agree with this ^.
Frankly, we've got bigger fish to fry in the dog world.. They are honest, they health test, temperament test, people know what they are getting.. Hell, that's better then MOST places to get a dog these days.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

I have an Alaskan Noble Companion Dog I love him to bits, did my research thoroughly, and am a very responsible dog owner and have plans to title my ANCD. A few assumptions that have been make here are just that - assumptions. The ANCD has been around for quite a while now and is being worked on in a meticulous way. They are a wonderful alternative for people who like the wolfy look but don't want a wolfdog. I am happy to answer any questions anyone might have about my boy Yarrow
Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Glutton for Crazy

First question: do you have photos to share?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Seconded!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I have an Alaskan Noble Companion Dog I love him to bits, did my research thoroughly, and am a very responsible dog owner and have plans to title my ANCD. A few assumptions that have been make here are just that - assumptions. The ANCD has been around for quite a while now and is being worked on in a meticulous way. They are a wonderful alternative for people who like the wolfy look but don't want a wolfdog. I am happy to answer any questions anyone might have about my boy Yarrow
Ohmigosh! I think I saw pics of your boy on another forum while scouring the internets for ANCD information. He's stunning!!!