Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,968
Default

Mine get maybe 1-2 eggs/each/week. Plus leftover omelet on the weekend if I don't finish mine.

I give them whole, uncracked. They all have their own styles...Mira will crack hers over her bowl then eat the mess. Kim cracks them in her mouth and eats it like that, often managing this without spilling a drop even hitting the ground.

Webster was the funniest...the first time I gave him a raw egg he couldn't figure out how to open it...he knew it was food but it was locked away...pushed it around until it fell off the deck and onto the cement below (this was about 4 houses ago). He ran down the stairs and ate his smashed bounty. So for the next six months or so...you guessed it...he would pick up his egg and drop it off the edge of the deck then run down and eat it...lol
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
My dogs only get farts/digestive upset if I cook the eggs. Idk why! Well, Fozzie never farts because he's magical. So... I never cook them, unless I give them a bite of my scrambled eggs.
This is a faerie steed you're talking about! Of course he's magical!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Aleron's Avatar
Aleron Aleron is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 2,270
Default

All dogs here get whole raw eggs and always have, even when we fed kibble. Pup just got the last egg in the house today on his breakfast I don't give mine the shell though because none of them will eat it. It's best if you can get eggs from a farm because those eggs provide a lot more nutrients than the cheap, commercial eggs. That goes for people too
__________________
Nikki & the Herding Breed Variety Pack
Visit Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Alerondogs
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
monkeys23's Avatar
monkeys23 monkeys23 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,449
Default

Yeah we get homegrown eggs from a lady who works for my mom and lives near them. She raises batches of fryers and we buy the chicken we eat from her too.

I need more puppeh pics.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Aleron's Avatar
Aleron Aleron is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 2,270
Default

I get tipped in eggs by a client at work LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
Yeah we get homegrown eggs from a lady who works for my mom and lives near them. She raises batches of fryers and we buy the chicken we eat from her too.

I need more puppeh pics.
Ok I will work on that Today is totally rockin' PyrShep ears. They have been up soooooo nice and now this LOL

He got hurt a couple days ago, not sure how but he had a sore shoulder, so poor guy has been on crate rest. He was soooo very sad that his shoulder hurt, ruined his whole life. He laid on my lap and cried and snuggled and looks so sad. He's feeling much better today and is back to his happy self
__________________
Nikki & the Herding Breed Variety Pack
Visit Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Alerondogs
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 PM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
This is a faerie steed you're talking about! Of course he's magical!
This is true... the rare siberian faerie steed, no less! Farting is not allowed in faeriedom.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
CaliTerp07's Avatar
CaliTerp07 CaliTerp07 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Webster was the funniest...the first time I gave him a raw egg he couldn't figure out how to open it...he knew it was food but it was locked away...pushed it around until it fell off the deck and onto the cement below (this was about 4 houses ago). He ran down the stairs and ate his smashed bounty. So for the next six months or so...you guessed it...he would pick up his egg and drop it off the edge of the deck then run down and eat it...lol
That's awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 PM
monkeys23's Avatar
monkeys23 monkeys23 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
I get tipped in eggs by a client at work LOL



Ok I will work on that Today is totally rockin' PyrShep ears. They have been up soooooo nice and now this LOL

He got hurt a couple days ago, not sure how but he had a sore shoulder, so poor guy has been on crate rest. He was soooo very sad that his shoulder hurt, ruined his whole life. He laid on my lap and cried and snuggled and looks so sad. He's feeling much better today and is back to his happy self
Yay! Oh that is funny! I think they are so cute when they first go all the way up and are kind of leaning on each other lol.

Aww poor little dude. That just sounds uber sad lol. Glad he's back to his cheerful self.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Nikole Fairview's Avatar
Nikole Fairview Nikole Fairview is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
Default I Think Raw Eggs are Good for All Dogs, Raw Diet or Not

I have to be honest, I've never noticed any significant difference in her skin or her coat from it, however, she's always had a nice shiny coat I think for other reasons (coconut oil in her food, home cooked grub sometimes etc.).

I think though that eggs are good for them just like they're good for us. They are a vitamin packed food. I don't feed her raw other than an egg every week. I'm not against raw or anything, I just haven't done enough research to know how to go about it or how to do it safely. My dad taught me about the raw egg thing, and I have always done it with my dogs, even before raw feeding was popular.
__________________
"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet."
~Edith Wharton~
CanineJournal.Com is a blog that covers everything about dogs for dog lovers.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:28 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikole Fairview View Post
I have to be honest, I've never noticed any significant difference in her skin or her coat from it, however, she's always had a nice shiny coat I think for other reasons (coconut oil in her food, home cooked grub sometimes etc.).

I think though that eggs are good for them just like they're good for us. They are a vitamin packed food. I don't feed her raw other than an egg every week. I'm not against raw or anything, I just haven't done enough research to know how to go about it or how to do it safely. My dad taught me about the raw egg thing, and I have always done it with my dogs, even before raw feeding was popular.
But... if you've always done it, how do you know it's not making a difference?
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site