Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Default Futon, sofa bed, or air mattress?

So I'm looking at buying a house and I already have friends who are ready to come visit once I get moved in. Problem: I won't have a guest bedroom. So I'm stuck deciding between if I want to buy a futon, sofa bed, or an air mattress. I don't think I can afford a NICE sofa bed unless I find one used off craigslist, so I'm thinking there's probably little difference between cheap sofa bed and cheap futon.
But at that point, I'm wondering if I should just buy a nicer air mattress? I mean... sleeping on the floor on an air mattress would probably be just as comfortable as some of the cheaper, crappier futons out there...

Thoughts?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Air Mattress. Definitely. I sleep on an air mattress over a couch/futon/pull out any day XD

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Top Dog

Nice air mattress > cheap other thing, for sure.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Just tell your friends to bring sleeping bags

(but actually, I'm all about air mattresses: way better quality for the money and they take up a lot less space, comparatively)

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

Air mattresses just seem 'cleaner' to me if I am staying somewhere, haha. I don't really like futons anyway.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Looks like I'm the minority! I was going to say nice futon/cheap sofa bed. There's a blurred line, there, since nicer futons look basically like sofas. They can double as furniture or a sleeping place.

I personally hate air mattresses. They get cold, they mush, I've had many deflate on me by the end of the night, you have the hassle of setting it up then putting it away...bleh.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Looks like I'm the minority! I was going to say nice futon/cheap sofa bed. There's a blurred line, there, since nicer futons look basically like sofas. They can double as furniture or a sleeping place.

I personally hate air mattresses. They get cold, they mush, I've had many deflate on me by the end of the night, you have the hassle of setting it up then putting it away...bleh.
To be fair, I've done a lot of camping

IME, if you're going to go cheap with a futon or sofa bed, it's going to be springy and hurt backs LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Air mattress.

We have a nice one that sits on a nice frame so it's up off the floor. put a pad down or an extra blanket and no worries about it being cold. Ours has a thing you just plug in to inflate it which is SO convenient

Our house doesn't have an extra room so when guests come they have to stay in our finished basement. We just blow up the mattress and voila. when they leave, just deflate and fold up and it's out of the way and you have full use of the room again and everyone says it's very comfortable.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
We have a nice one that sits on a nice frame so it's up off the floor. put a pad down or an extra blanket and no worries about it being cold. Ours has a thing you just plug in to inflate it which is SO convenient
That sounds like the one we have, and it is great. When my brother and his wife come to stay, they stay in the room with the very nice fold out sofa - but use the air mattress because they much prefer it!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
That sounds like the one we have, and it is great. When my brother and his wife come to stay, they stay in the room with the very nice fold out sofa - but use the air mattress because they much prefer it!
oh yeah...m y mom has a fold out sofa and OMG it's a torture device lol. when we go to visit we bring our air mattress lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney