Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control?
My home has guns for safety or sport 26 54.17%
I don't have one, but feel it's a right 6 12.50%
I might have one if I needed it 2 4.17%
I wouldn't have one personally, but it's a right 4 8.33%
I don't want a gun and only police need them 4 8.33%
There should be gun control across the board 3 6.25%
When deer and bears can shoot back... 0 0%
Ted Nugent is out of his%#@&% mind! 1 2.08%
Tacos and Margaritas 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Kaydee

Default The Right to Arm Bears

In light of the Colorado shooting lets open the forum to how we feel about guns. Do American citizens have the right to own firearms? For hunting? For self-protection? As a collection? Or is owning weapons an antiquated concept from the days of the wild west? My uncle was a hunter with head and antlers on the wall. My grandfather always had a pistol in a cabinet in the living room...until dementia set in and he started answering the door holding it, then my Dad wisely decided it was time to sell it.

We live near an urban area with one of the highest murder rates in the country. Obviously this colors my opinion of gun control. It's frightening to know being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the wrong street at the wrong time...the wrong theater at the wrong time. They aren't aiming at you, you're just collateral damage while they were trying to take out the guy in that store.

There are alot of very angry people out there. In the Colorado shooting the mother of the accused agrees he did it. My husbands brother is like that, unfortunately the police can't bust someone for being insane, or for legally walking into Walmart and purchasing guns. They can only do something after something happens...scary, scary, world out there kids...
Old 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

I definitely am against arming bears. Can you imagine a Polar Bear with a rifle? I mean, the seal population would be gone in an instant with that sort of firearm.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:34 PM
<--------Orson

Yes. I firmly believe in our right to bear arms. (but not to arm bears!) We've been over, under, around, and through this subject many times and my opinion will not change.

Laws only affect the law abiding.

This fellow in CO (like other mentally ill or law breakers anywhere) will find a way to accomplish what they want regardless of gun laws.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I definitely am against arming bears. Can you imagine a Polar Bear with a rifle? I mean, the seal population would be gone in an instant with that sort of firearm.
I thought this was going to be a joke thread about teddy bears with guns. lol
Old 07-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post

And Black Bears? Campgrounds and national parks would lose SO much money if the visitors had to deal with armed bears.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm All Ears

Old 07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Show Dog

I also live in NJ, and we have the strictest gun laws, yet we also have the most violence. My husband is a police officer, so there are guns in the house. Yet, if I ever had to use it, I would probably go to jail.
Don***8217;t know where you live, but sounds like you could be my neigbor. I live just outside of the ghetto.
I don***8217;t own any guns of my own. I do go trap shooting with Dh, and it***8217;s something I***8217;m trying to get better at.

I know in a lot of other states, it is pretty common for people to hold a CCW, and walk around armed at all times.

I don***8217;t know what Colorado***8217;s laws are.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We own guns. So far none if them have gone out and killed anyone. A sick idividual is a sick individual and you can ban everything you want but it won't stop people from hurting each other. Especially when one can just google how to make your own homemade bomb out of household products

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

Here's Cali's polar bear:

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Taxiderpy

I can't help but think that if a law abiding citizen attending that movie had a concealed carry, there might be less victims.

It's already against the law to murder people. If someone is planning to kill, making it against the law to own a gun isn't going to stop them from getting one and using it.