Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

Oh God, I LOVE light. Bright lights. Dim lighting really depresses me. Like, makes me want to tear up. I always have the lights on unless I am napping or wanting my kid to nap. I can't even imagine using only natural light during the day. I have never considered it. I do take full advantage of it, opening curtains and blinds, along WITH the artificial light. In the living room right now I have natural light plus the overhead light and two lamps going on right now. I just never really though about not using them.

I actually hate darkness. To a point that I don't think it normal. I was telling hubby a couple days ago that I wish it was daylight all the time. Scary stuff usually happens at night or in darkness. I honestly wish it never had to get dark out.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Show Dog

Natural light when I can have it.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
Screw light! I hate light.

- when I'm home alone/in my room, the curtains are closed and it's pitch black. Well, not pitch black since I normally have the Tv on. I can't stand lights being on or natural sun light coming in. If I feel I need light, I'll turn a lamp on as I like keeping my curtains closed because I like knowing no one can see in.
You sound JUST like my husband He hates having any lights on at any point during the day and the blinds up NEVER. But that I think more has to do with the fact he likes to walk around the house is well.... very little.

I have to have it dim or only have natural light for my eye problems so the artificial lights hardly ever get used here.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I never have lights on in the house during the day unless it's a dark and dreary day... like today lol. Today I had to turn the light on early in the afternoon because it was just too dark.

Actually that's not entirely true. I always like to have the light in the overhead of the stove on. I don't know what it is about it but having that little light on over the stove makes it feel warm and homey lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Natural light here if i have to have to have it on, but most of the time all the lights are off and curtains are closed, esp in this heat!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

If it's dark enough, yes. But generally no. I prefer not to turn the lights on until I actually have to.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I never have lights on in the house during the day unless it's a dark and dreary day... like today lol. Today I had to turn the light on early in the afternoon because it was just too dark.

Actually that's not entirely true. I always like to have the light in the overhead of the stove on. I don't know what it is about it but having that little light on over the stove makes it feel warm and homey lol
Me too Sparks. I love that little light over the stove at night. And I have a couple of rather dim lamps with very old lampshades with cool pictures on them on my end tables in the family room. There is just a low kind of orangy glow...not very bright. But that's what I like in the night when I'm watching TV. It's cozy. Or the little piano light on top of my piano. That makes kind of a nice light. So, those plus the light over the stove which is visible from the family room is about all I use at night. I hate over head lights or too bright from artificial lights, but love bright sunlight coming in. Go figure. lol
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Natural light when at all possible, but I have no problem with bright, functional, artificial lights.

That is one reason I HATE my boyfriend's apartment - it has three windows, all of which barely let in any amount of natural sunlight. It can be high noon and I'll need a lamp on to see what I'm doing - and all of the lights in his apartment are DIM. I'd be putting 60-75 watt bulbs in everything. LOL I can flip on every single light and still not have enough light to suit me. But then, I also read a lot. If I'm watching TV or on the computer I don't mind dimness as much, but for reading...you need light. The only time I like dim lights is first thing in the morning when I wake up and right before bed.

(I also HATE light when I am trying to sleep. Like, if there is a light shining under the crack of my door or something I can not fall asleep. So I like it bright when I'm awake, dim when I'm getting ready for bed or first waking up, and pitch black when I'm asleep.)

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~