Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Active Pup

Default Ive narrowed it down to two - what do you think?

Here are the dry foods Im considering:

Eagle Pack
Nutro

which is better?
Old 12-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

I feed Brady the Nutro right now and he loves it, though I have heard such good things about Innova that I am thinking about trying it.

Brady's girlfriend eats the Nutro also but she can only have the lamb and rice because she is allergic to the chicken and corn.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Love my pets

I just started both my dogs on Eagle Pak Holistic. They like the food but still need their extras (ground chicken, beef) to get them to eat. I feel better feeding them Eagle Pak since it has good ingredients.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Top Dog

Hmm..have you looked into any OTHER dry foods or are these the only ones you're going to consider?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Felurian

I definitely would not consider the Nutro.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Active Pup

whats wrong with nutro? a friend of mine who is a vet feeds her dog nutro and says she reccomends it to everyone. the eagle pack i got off of the blackwatch feed program. are there any other ones i should consider?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Active Pup

Oooh, what about innova? is that a good brand? A Feed Store like 5 mintues away carries this food. how much does this cost?
Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Felurian

We LOVE the Innova at our house. Great ingredients - all high quality, human grade, organic and super-nutritious. Mine have just come off the Innova puppy and are on the Innova EVO now and they are absolutely crazy about it, even Bimmer, who doesn't really care that much about food one way or the other - unless he's caught it. He'll even fight the girls off if they try to steal food out of his bowl . . . even Kharma, his darling.

Your dog will eat less of this high quality brand and will derive more nutrition from it, and you'll find find that there is less waste from your dog's digestive system. You'll find that with any of the truly high quality feeds.

If you'd like to see the results, you can see my dogs in the Members' Gallery under my name. They've turned out pretty well (not that I'm prejudiced or anything)

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Active Pup

how much does innova cost?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Felurian

I've got three, well two extra large and one medium large dogs and I buy the large 28.3 pound bag of the EVO every 10 days or so. The store I buy mine from has it priced at $38.99. I don't know how the smaller bags are priced. The Innova Puppy is about the same price for the 29 pound bag. They eat much smaller amounts of the EVO - the girls only get from 3 1/3 to 4 1/2 cups, depending on how active their day is.

It's actually much cheaper than other foods, especially when you consider the health issues you won't have to address later on in your dog's life, especially when your dog begins to age.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian