Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Top Dog

Y'ouch Ive been there (minus the broken bones) and I WAS in flipflops tbh I dont know how I lived through childhood. (((vibes))) for a speedy recovery.

(side note- ewwwww feet) :P
Old 07-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Top Dog

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Yikes, glad it wasn't worse! I've let some things slide over the years around horses, but footwear isn't one of them. Forget getting stepped on - the amount of bacteria, worms, etc on the ground around horses worries me more!
I'm pretty much OCD with washing my hands and feet.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Top Dog

Oh man, that looks painful. Here's to a speedy recovery.

When I was a teen and would ride my horse in the summer, I loved to ride bare footed. My parents both told me that I mustn't ever, ever, ever work around a horse without good shoes or my cowboy boots, that it's absolutely not good horsemanship. LOL. So, I'd brush my horse, do all the stuff that you do while on the ground near a horse, and get him ready for a ride with my shoes on. Then I'd take them off right before getting on and go for a ride and put them back on just as soon as I got back to the barn. I rode bareback and loved having my bare feet just dangle with the breeze.

So...I hope your poor foot heals up soon. And now for the lecture: Don't ever, ever, ever wear flip flops around a horse again

(You didn't think you could get off completely Scott free, did you?)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I'd be a fan of steel toed boots if I worked around horses with any regularity.
That is worse. Most horses are well over 800 pounds (He must be tiny Mia!) My very slightly built 15hh arab cross is over 1000 without any extra weight. Measured at the Guelph. A good step on the foot can crush steel toes.. then you have steel plate crushing your feet.. not good.

Mia.. Hope you foot has a speedy recovery!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 AM
<--------Orson

Yeeee-ouch! Speedy recovery prayers heading your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I'd be a fan of steel toed boots if I worked around horses with any regularity.
That was my thought too until I just read Dekka's post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

Yeah, about all tennis shoes or even leather boots can do for you is protect your skin. Oh, they might prevent a break, depending on how much weight goes behind it. My Arabs were probably around 900 to 1000 lbs. They were rather small. My bigger horse that I was talking about in my above post was probably 1200 lbs...He was a quarter horse/standardbred cross and 15.3 hands....all muscle. In either case, it hurt like the Dickens if you get stepped on, which happened occasionally, but thankfully without their full weight and they'd move their foot right away as I'd lean on their shoulder to push them off. They didn't mean to ever. It's just something that happens sometimes when you're not explicitly careful. I had a friend who said, "You have to learn how to run fast around dangerous horses." LOL.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Ow ow ow!! Not nice

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Dekka, he might be closer to 850-875, but I would think closer to 850. He's just a barely-14 hh Arab.

I know it's backwards, but I kinda feel bad. I just went to the barn to feed them, and Raja bent down to sniff my boot, and then looked up at me with those sad puppy-dog Arabian eyes. He looked so sad. lol
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Oh man- I hope you feel better soon Your foot looks SO painful.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep