Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I am 31. I have lots of stretch marks, gray hair popping up everywhere, lots of "laugh lines", sagging etc. Nothing to freak out over. I know it's only goin to get worse but I am not worried. I know... It is just Because I am young but really I earned every stretch mark, grey hair and wrinkle and will continue to earn them.

Plus I know where I am going when I die, just not in a hurry to get there. I am not afraid of getting older.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I've been telling people for a few years now that I'm hoping for an early death. I can't afford a long life. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Immortality? Id make a badass vampire...
This.

Imagine vampire Filas

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Taxiderpy

Being old would be cool if I aged healthy. Working in a nursing home scared the crap out of me, but then a lot of people stay independent and active as they age and never go into a home.

I've got a good streak of white going in my hair so far. When I'm old and it's all white I'm going to leave it really long and not do one of those old lady poodle hair cuts with the radioactive carrot orange dye job.

My goal is that my 50 year old self be able to kick my 20 year old self's butt. So far so good. I was really sickly back then, and my near-30 year old self could definitely take past-me.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
This.

Imagine vampire Filas
Or vampire belgians...
Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Or vampire belgians...
Belgians would always warn you that they were there.

Filas would just suddenly BE there without any warning And they carry grudges and NEVER forget.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Being old would be cool if I aged healthy. Working in a nursing home scared the crap out of me, but then a lot of people stay independent and active as they age and never go into a home.

I've got a good streak of white going in my hair so far. When I'm old and it's all white I'm going to leave it really long and not do one of those old lady poodle hair cuts with the radioactive carrot orange dye job.

My goal is that my 50 year old self be able to kick my 20 year old self's butt. So far so good. I was really sickly back then, and my near-30 year old self could definitely take past-me.

Romy, I kicked my daughter's ass in a swimming race a couple months back. We've both been competitive swimmers. So, she was here one time and we went to the Y, swam and decided to have a couple races. It wasn't easy, but I beat her. She's 32. I'm close to 58. LOL.

Longevity runs in my family. My Dad was 92 when he died. My Mom's parents lived well into their 90's. My mom is 90 now and quite healthy, in spite of a mild stroke a while back. She's slightly confused sometimes, but certainly not to the point of non-functioning. She lives in a 3000 sq ft house, gets a little help but still cooks her meals, cleans the dishes and minor house chores. She's a bit frail but gets around okay. She's happy and gets a kick out of life, I think.

So, as long as no horrible, debilitating health issues come along, I'd go for a long life. There's a lot to see and experience yet. But I'll take whatever comes my way, hopefully gracefully.

My biggest concern is having my ducks in a row, my finances in order, and being able to leave my kids with an easier time financially. AND leaving my kids with the peace of knowing I was at peace and happy in our relationship, to have good memories to keep them going.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson