Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

I know a girl who definitely wasn't dying who was in my younger brothers grade who got to do a make a wish. She met Adam Sandler and even though she met him back in middle school he still keeps in touch with her and sends her and her family christmas presents and that was over 10 years ago.

I do kind of understand the put priority on kids that are dying idea... I mean not to be super blunt about it but those kids don't have the luxury of time to have a family save up and plan a vacation before they are gone.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

who knows the situation. strange things happen, especially with family courts. and things often do move very slowly thru them so the fact he's just been allowed back into her life could be for many reasons.

Besides that, there is nothing wrong with teaching your children, that help is there for those that really need it. There are some that will take advantage of every situation they can, because the can. Some think they should get what they get on their own and I don't fault them for it.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
who knows the situation. strange things happen, especially with family courts. and things often do move very slowly thru them so the fact he's just been allowed back into her life could be for many reasons.

Besides that, there is nothing wrong with teaching your children, that help is there for those that really need it. There are some that will take advantage of every situation they can, because the can. Some think they should get what they get on their own and I don't fault them for it.
Wow.

Not sure if that's a first, but I agree with RTH.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

I'm obviously not a parent, but as a kid who is also going to receive a Make-A-Wish, that really sucks for the little girl.
They grant the neediest wishes first. I just think that little girl deserves it after all the struggle that I'm sure she went through.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Wow.

Not sure if that's a first, but I agree with RTH.
Hahaha, I was thinking that too
Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

I guess the thing is, Make a wish etc is not about help really. Its about fun frivolous things that are special because they are just that, fun and frivolous. Its a charity people can choose to give to or not.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I guess the thing is, Make a wish etc is not about help really. Its about fun frivolous things that are special because they are just that, fun and frivolous.
That's kind of how I see it. I always saw it as being about giving the kids and the parents this super fun time with great memories when there might not be that much more time to have/make them. I guess IMO it just seems kind of selfish that this mom wants to still get that for free while another family with another four year old who doesn't get that extra time these people are getting with their daughter gets turned down :/

Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, dont agree with that at all....because fun and frivolous is just as important to someone healing emotionally and physically...and again, this child still is very much at risk. I say let her enjoy the trip while she can, if she comes out of remission most likely it is too late.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

IMO they have time to have fun frivolous time with their daughter. Give it to a family who needs one last big fun memory.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

There are people who just live to stomp out the joy. LEt the little kid go. SHe fought hard, she is still at risk, and happiness and laughter is the best medicine of all. Maybe he is uninformed of that fact.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,