Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Photobucket is public. Even if you make it private, you can still find a lot of info.

ImgShack is private, hosts many different file types, and generally seems to keep the quality as long as the quality was there to begin with.

If you need any help with coding or whatever, I'll be happy to help. Free services webmaster, here.
Public isn't a huge deal because everything will be on the website anyway for the public to view, but I will definitely check out ImgShack too.

I've got the coding part down, no issues there. It's actually sort of frustrating that I can only use limited HTML in the web builder instead of making it from scratch, but it's working out all right anyway. But I had a big CSS/XHTML thing planned, and I log in and it's all push-button lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
JPG definitely doesn't mean poor quality, but it does mean a large file size and more loading time. Go JPG for photos; things like text banners and simple graphics (like a big F icon linking to a Facebook page) should be in PNG to reduce page loading time.

Depending on what kind of webhosting they bought, there should be FTP support, in which case you can just FTP in and upload stuff regardless of file type.
You got that backwards, PNG is the larger slower loading file size, JPG is the smaller faster loading file size.