Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Wow! So organized, FG. That's so awesome.

Speaking of bags and the like - I've been wanting to get a bag just for Jackson. I want it personalized with his name on it, too, hehe... because whenever we go somewhere, I tend to throw his things along with my stuff, or in my purse, or whatever. I go to my dads for nights at a time with him and it will be sooo much easier if I have a better set up. Any suggestions on cheap cute bags that can be personalized?

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post

Speaking of bags and the like - I've been wanting to get a bag just for Jackson. I want it personalized with his name on it, too, hehe... because whenever we go somewhere, I tend to throw his things along with my stuff, or in my purse, or whatever. I go to my dads for nights at a time with him and it will be sooo much easier if I have a better set up. Any suggestions on cheap cute bags that can be personalized?
You could look for an embroidery or silkscreen company if you want a professional look but a single bag will cost you (rather than a bulk order).

Do you have a local art store (like Dick Blick) or a crafts store? You can pick up materials for decorating cloth and I think they sell canvas bags, too; so you could do it yourself.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Top Dog

Wow, I love reading everyone's answers, a friend of mine inspired me recently to organize a bag for day to day use that has made taking Duke and Mavrick out run more smoothly.

I keep my day to day use bag loaded and just hang it on my door. It has a collapsable water bowl. a 1.5L water bottle to fill before I leave, vet wrap for any injuries ( last winter when running, Mavrick tore his skin around his nail leaving tons of blood everywhere, and vet wrap would have been so helpful), there field toys, a pet corrector air horn (for use on offleash dogs if needed) and lastly I put my treats in before I leave to go on their walk. I also keep both of their leashes attached to their collars and head halters by the door so there all in one place.

For camping I bring my day use bag and also bring vet records, print off a list of nearby vet clinics with address and phone number, and some bones/ kongs and stuffing that can be kept in the cooler. I usually also bring their crates, long lines, life jackets and cooling vests.

“Violence begins where knowledge ends.” –Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post

Check with Miakoda and see if she's got something in the Thirty-One bags that would suit what you need.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Top Dog

Yeesh, you guys are far more organized than I am!

I keep registrations and rabies records in my glove box so they are always near-by.

I have my "agility bag" which probably needs to be cleaned out. Treats, targets and clickers, all floating on a sea of old ribbons, course maps, pens and water bottles. There are probably a few collars and leashes in there as well. I'm scared to stick my hand down and check.

There are always toys, spare leashes, poop bags, and cool coats in my car.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Top Dog

I just have a 'dog park/walk' bag. Not the most convenient bag, everything just puddles at the bottom and makes things akward! We have collapsible bowl, water bottle, treats, 2 balls, poop bags, hand sanitizer and I always carry a bunch if business cards from my vet and the emergency clinic, as well as from several groomers in town. I am always getting asked for recomendations, then asked again when they forget!
It feels like a nice chnage when I just grab the leashes, stuff some poop bags and treats in a pocket and go for a walk without lugging everything around!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Schutzhund:
Hey- that's Caleb's training bag, too! I love it.

For day things (trails, road trips, etc), I take his training bag. In it is:
health info (copies of: vaccination certs, micro chip info, town license, neauter cert, etc)
copies of AKC & UKC registration
CGC & RN certificates
extra collar & tags
extra leash
flexi
brush & comb
hand towel
treats
folding water bowl
poop bags
and a few human things like Advil, Altoids, etc (easier than hauling a seperate bag for me at trials)

Non-splash water bowl

gallon of water

crate(s)

That bag also goes on vacation with us.

Both vehicles have the same copies of health info and other certificates in the glove box, poop bags and folding water bowls. As well as and "emergency box" that has first aid kits, jumper cables, blankets, etc. There is also a pop up crate in the truck.

Nosework
a "simple" bag (old canvas tool bag) with:
harness
two ASAT lines
folding water bowl
containers with odors
hand towel
travel odor kit
copy of vacs
poop bags

Hiking bag
harness
ASAT leash
boat rope leash
comb/brush
ACV/water spray
waterless shampoo
bumper
tennis ball
towels
folding water bowl
my water shoes

All my bags have hand sanitizer hanging on them and a travel thing of hand wipes

Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Top Dog

Wow FG and MicksMom thanks for the ideas, they have been stolen from you Going Puppy stuff shopping this weekend so my bag is "in progress"
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Resident fainting goat

I have a yellow jansport "dog" backpack and within is..

- Treats bag (the kind that hangs off my belt)
- Long lead (20 ft)
- clicker
- water bottle
- Collapsible bowl
- ball
- camera
- dog pickup bags
- baby wipes
- hand sanitizer
- tissues
- towel (I use it to sit in the grass and then later dry off wet dog)
- sunscreen
- Book or Ipad
- Phone
- Wallet/keys etc.. because dog walks always end up being errand trips
- Picture of dog/copy of rabies cert.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Wow, some of you sure are organized! I take a collapsible bowl, a bottle of water, a toy or two and maybe a long line. Usually some treats but those stay in my pocket rather than in the bag. And poop bags of course.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN