Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Active Pup

Default pup acting odd

i just got this great little boxer/bulldog and its been perfect. Im worried about her though because when she sleeps she seems to have seizures.... her eyes are rolled back and her body kind of jolts. if i wake her during it she just snaps back to normal. is she reacting to her dreams maybe? or do you think its possible something could be wrong? thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:02 PM

I'm no expert for sure....but when my Ham sleeps, he acts like as if he is running a marathon in his sleep. He whines, jolts, twitches...you name it. Have you had him checked by a vet? If he is in good health, then it's probably puppy dreaming.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Yes I too have seen dogs do that before while sleeping and dreaming. It is probably just an active dream for your dog. I would say that is what it is if your dog has been checked by the vet and has been determined healthy. You can always ask your vet about it too, if it worries you.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:58 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
I'm no expert for sure....but when my Ham sleeps, he acts like as if he is running a marathon in his sleep. He whines, jolts, twitches...you name it. Have you had him checked by a vet? If he is in good health, then it's probably puppy dreaming.
haha know what you mean Debi, Max used to snore, twitch, whine, even growl sometimes. And what's even more funny is Ginger does the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to worry about, but wouldn't hurt to ask the vet.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Active Pup

*phew* thanks a bunch, im glad to here its a regular thing. I have another question I want my pup to get used to having her bathroom times outside. the only thing is... is that when i take her out she seems kinda scared and she just follows me and acts like she wants to be picked up. i dont want her to be miserable and not be able to go outside because she's cold/confused/scared but its kinda tuff cleaning up her mess inside especially when its on the carpet
Old 12-13-2004, 01:15 AM
GSP/Lab Mix!

My dogs do that too. But if you think it is serious then get it checked out by a vet.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:51 AM
Puppy Dog

My puppy also makes noises, snores, acts as if she is running or jumping or rolling during her sleep. Sometimes, she even barks a little!!!! And yesterday she even started to move her tail wildly (probably was dreaming of me). Anyway, what you experience sounds normal to me.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Love my pets

Besides my dogs dreaming, I've seen my cats do this once in awhile. I've had at least 1 dog all my life and all of them have done this.