Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

Default Neighbour complained...

That was a first! The dogs were outside and roughhousing, the odd yip and bark but not a constant barking. Kilt barks the worst when she's playing. Anyway the new neighbour came over and asked if I could put them in because all she could hear was their barking. Which I did, not a problem. I guess I'll watch out for the yipping more. The window in the kitchen is in the dog run and I was making dinner and didn't hear them doing anything too bad, and I hate it when they bark too.

I'm hoping like me she's just had a bad day, she can't complain that they've been a pest all weekend since we were gone.... sigh.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Top Dog

That's a shame!

Maybe she's just not a dog person. I know happy dog barking doesn't bother me much, but annoying attention barks grate on my nerves. To non-dog people, I imagine a lot of it just sounds the same! At least she came to you directly instead of calling AC =)

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Kaydee

Your neighbor would go daffy here. Sophie doesn't really bark much at all, but the 4 yards around us have barking around the clock...I don't really pay attention except late night
Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Mine get brought in whenever they start carrying on and such. Knock on wood we've never been complained about.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Top Dog

They do have a dog, and for the most part any barking has been because their dog is fence fighting with my crew.

I'm hoping it was just a bad day on her part, I'll make a point of putting them in earlier if they're out and rowdy. And keep looking at acreages....
Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 PM
The Littlest Hound

My neighbors are saints. I mean, I try to keep my dogs quiet & they're usually ok - they're most noisy INDOORS when I'm trying to leave for work in the morning - Rage makes this horrid, mournful, warbling howl as soon as she hears the coffee maker :/

I'm the loud one - I was getting ready to leave for the airport and was in the backyard at 4am in my underwear screaming at Rage. Oops. Lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
My neighbors are saints. I mean, I try to keep my dogs quiet & they're usually ok - they're most noisy INDOORS when I'm trying to leave for work in the morning - Rage makes this horrid, mournful, warbling howl as soon as she hears the coffee maker :/

I'm the loud one - I was getting ready to leave for the airport and was in the backyard at 4am in my underwear screaming at Rage. Oops. Lol
Rage also HOWLS when the dog sitter opens the garage to come in, and HOWLS when the dog sitter closes the garage door to leave.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
The Littlest Hound

She HATES that garage door. It always indicates we are leaving, so she freaks out, or she doesn't know who is coming in, and freaks out again.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 AM
and Fozzie B!

One time, my neighbor said "Can you keep those dogs quiet?!" while he was out doing yardwork and I was out with the dogs. They were just chasing each other, wrestling and making minimal noise. Meanwhile... his bratty underexercised Springer was running back and fourth on their side of the fence barking. D:

I said, "My dogs are playing. Can they not play in their own yard? Your dog is welcome to come over and play with them. I'll take them inside in a few minutes" and that shut him up. Some people just need to understand what's going on. People who don't know much about dogs might think your dogs are fighting, or simply barking, and would be more understanding if you told them they were playing.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 AM
*Now with Snark*

Every single person in our neighborhood has a dog - usually more than one. Literally there is not one moment of the day a dog isn't barking somewhere within earshot. We had a new renter move in down the street who went door to door filling out noise complaints for the entire neighborhood earlier this year because he just didn't like dogs and all their yapping while he jogged, not that a dog was bothering him, not that anyone was chasing him or charging the fence, he just didn't like barking.

That said, I do try to be a good neighbor and keep the noise down. I just think some people are ridiculous with their noise control issues.