Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Red face Can't begin to commence to start. Halp.

How long do you think this will take me? Do you ever have what seems like too many things to do and it's hard to prioritize and everything becomes so chaotic? You don't know where to start? So, I wonder how long this will take because this is only the little incidental chores that I really thought I should get done today. I haven't even brought up the bigger things like building a flag stone patio and water fall. LOL. So, I am procrastinating by hanging out online. Smart, huh? Who wants to help me? Do you make lists? What is on your list today? But first, give me some advice on how to get started. What should I do first? Should this be able to be done in one day? Or two?

Things to do:

1) plant new snapdragons and marigolds and decide where to put those two heather plants. Do something about drab looking hanging baskets. Maybe get more impatiens to replace spent perennials. (note to self: Do not plant short blooming perennials in hanging baskets in the future.)

2) dead-head all spent flowers front and back yard

3) spread some top soil over area of lawn that Andrew made dents in from driving the Kuboda over. Grade dented areas. Put down grass seed and peat moss in bare spots.

4) Put some grass fertilizer on spinach and other anemic looking plants. Put a little more lime on Lilac bush and fertilize evergreens. Put a little aluminium sulfate on Hydrangea bushes.

5) Go to Home Depot or Lowes:
Buy more Miracle Grow (2 - 3 boxes) Return time release crap that doesn't work worth a dang.
Buy aluminium sulfate
Buy small stepping stones for little path through garden
Buy some more Zinnias and some Allysum or Lobelia to put around Zinnias and marigolds.
Buy a few Geraniums or something else to put along east fence line in back.
Figure out something to plant outside of fence on other side of gate...maybe more sweet peas like other side?
Should I buy new hoses or fix old leaking ones?

6) Go to Benjamin Moore. Buy sample size of stain for fence and try on inconspicuous area first.

7)Put post caps on fence if it is dry out today

6)Knock down wasp nest that I sprayed the other day

7) Check to see if sweet peas are still alive after hitting them with wasp spray too.

8) Sharpen lawn mower blade that I ruined running over metal thing. Put new oil in. Mow back yard.

9)Cut out the biggest, baddest brown spots from dog pee and re-plant. Dig out weeds with a screw driver or other implement. Fertilize, water and next day spray fungicide on lawn to kill red thread. (or what I think is red thread)

10) Spread top soil over crummy areas of back lawn, scratch up hard soil areas, and throw more grass seed in bare spots.

11) Move that pink perennial thing somewhere else so heather can go in that spot.

11) Run dishwasher

12)Take Jose` for a walk.

13) Don't get too tired to bbq chicken. It needs to be cooked today! Or tomorrow.

14) Oh! Don't forget to pay those bills that are due in short while.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I don't make lists, cause then I see everything I need to do, get overwhelmed and don't even start.

Though I'd probably split that list into 2 days..

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Taxiderpy

You could hire me to come do your yard work.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Kaydee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
You could hire me to come do your yard work.
That's it!!! We'll do your yard work and you can clean and toss my desk area n bleach the floor
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

easy peesy ,

start dishwasher and pay bill while eating lunch , then walk the dog.

come back and read .

done......

ow you wanted to do this all ?

well then do above then hire romy to do ya yard stuff. while you run to the store to do the buying stuff.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Behavior Nerd

Your problem is that you're trying to be an adult. Being an adult is overrated.

See?! This Is Why I'll Never Be an Adult (Hyperbole and a Half)

Old 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Top Dog

^Best post ever.^
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Get up really early before it's hot, walk dog, do garden chores for an hour or so every day. then tackle the rest.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Top Dog

Yeah! Lunch break. Instead of paying bills while eating lunch, I'll pop in on Chaz. lol. Okay, Jess. If I don't make lists, I really don't know what the hell I'm doing. Just wait till you're almost 60. LOL. It's hell just keeping one or two things straight. I don't think even two days is going to cut it at the rate I'm going now. Maybe you're right though...the list. If I didn't have a list, I wouldn't think I had anything to do.

Smkie...I DO get up early! Between 5:30 and 6:30. But first I have to waste about an hour drinking coffee and Internetting. LOL. But you're right. It's best to do a lot of that stuff before it gets hot. Of course, it doesn't get all that hot here usually.
Quote:
Get up really early before it's hot, walk dog, do garden chores for an hour or so every day. then tackle the rest.
I'm ready for a rest right now. LOL.

So, what I got done was planting those snap dragons and marigolds, fertilizing the evergreen things, dead heading. I moved this lily thing and planted the heather in it's spot. It came apart so I got three out of the one and had to find a place to squeeze those in. LOL. This place is going to be bustin' with flowers. Shopping is out of the question until maybe tomorrow. I'm so tired and I feel like I hardly got anything done.

Romy. You're hired. When can you start? Do you have someone to watch the kids? Or can they help? Andrew is too busy building my arbor and doing those bigger jobs.

Stardogs, you're right, of course.
Quote:
Then the guilt from my ignored responsibilities grows so large that merely carrying it around with me feels like a huge responsibility. It takes up a sizable portion of my capacity, leaving me almost completely useless for anything other than consuming nachos and surfing the internet like an attention-deficient squirrel on PCP.
Describes me to a T. LOL. That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Kaydee...Bleach the floor? What ever for? Toss the desk area? Well, okay. I can do that. lol.

So, does anyone else make lists? Is that like O.C.D?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Felurian

1. Go to the liquor store

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian