Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Default Anybody know their WWI stuff?

Lol very descriptive title, I know.

Anyway, I work at a non-profit that exists for the sole reason of providing support to veterans and their families. When it comes down to it, that's what we do. Whether it be giving them a place to settle down, have a drink and chat with friends, visiting them in the hospital when they are ill, or providing comfort and a funeral service for when they pass away, we're here for them and their families, to say Thank You.

So we were working on our display, and pulling out some pictures we had to see what we could put up where, and we found a drawing, of a soldier, we think in WWI, and the only thing we can find that MAY be a signature or give a hint of who did it, is "The Canadian".

Any ideas of how I'd even go about finding info on it? We just want to know where it came from/who did it/anything really. My Google skills are lacking and didn't bring up anything XD

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Check with a local VFW post? They often have historians who may be able to point you at the right kind of person. Also check with your local chamber of commerce to see if there is a contact for the historical society.

Edit: Is the photo online anywhere where we can see it?
Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Kaydee

http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/exhibiti...rre/cwm-e.aspx

It's a long shot, but maybe if you email them the image they might have some clue perhaps?