Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I do marrow bones mostly. Antlers aren't exciting here.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeha antlers aren't exciting. Mia likes raw bones but summer doesn't plus they can't have them inside. Himalayan chews are boring.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Just bought five actually for twenty five
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I love best bully sticks for price, but they can't compete with the local farm that my company gets bully sticks from when it comes to quality.
I still choose BBS over my work ones, even after the discount because they are SO cheap.

I also wait for the 12% off sales at BBS then put together huge orders with friends so we get free shipping plus 12% off.
This x100!

I'll buy bully sticks both from work, and from BBS. The ones from work last much much longer, but they're also more expensive. A 12" bully stick from work costs me about $6-$ lasts Missy an hour. A 12" bully stick from BBS costs me about $2-$3 and lasts about 20 minutes, so it all evens out.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
orange iguanas.

I've never ordered from them because I always just assume that cheap bully stick = one that isn't going to last. And if I'm just looking for a yummy treat for the dogs, and don't necessarily care about how long it'll last... then I'll just give them a Kong or stuff a trachea.

I like the 12" ones we sell at work but they are almost $9 a pop, so even with my discount I think I've only bought them once or twice because I'm too cheap for that. But they do last Juno a couple hours if I let her have the whole thing in one sitting. I like to do tracheas stuffed with cheap canned food (but not like... bad quality cheap), and then pop those in the freezer... edible Kong I call it lol. Sometimes I'll cut them in half. But that'll give Juno a good hour or two of chewing time as well and she looooves them, and if I spend $6 initially for everything but cut it in half... well, then it turns into a $3 chew.

I like hooves, dirt cheap and last Juno a long long time. But they smell horrendous. I had to stop buying them because she was only allowed to have them outside, but if she gets a chew outside then all she wants to do is bury it. Waste.

Antlers didn't go over well here. Split ones might be better because the marrow is exposed. Also, I know nothing about the brand that I bought, but more "natural" ones that aren't bleached and what not might be more appealing too.

This was long. Lol I like dog chews.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013