Anyone buy from bestbullysticks?

JacksonsMom

The last two orders, which were far apart from each other, I've found them to not be as thick and even the odor free ones have much more of a smell. I don't really mind because the smell isn't like rancid or anything... but he easily goes through a 6" in one night and pretty quickly if I don't take it away. He used to chew about half of it, if that, a night. Also, these are the thick 6" ones. I'm just disappointed in them :( I hate having to spend more for a better brand though... they're so expensive and I prefer to buy them in bulk.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I haven't ordered their bullysticks but other products and I've been happy with their service. I almost never do bullysticks for price and value with my chompers so I'm not a great source. :/

I agree that the dogs seem to go through them far faster than the bully sticks I buy at the store here. I've never gotten their odor-free ones, but sometimes I've gotten a batch of the regular ones that smell so bad once they start chewing that I can hardly stand it. It's unfortunate because they are so expensive locally and I really like to buy in bulk as well.

I know people who get the grab bag and are really happy with it, there's stuff other than the plain bully sticks in there. Like the braided ones and the curly ones. I've never tried those myself, though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I haven't ordered their bullysticks but other products and I've been happy with their service. I almost never do bullysticks for price and value with my chompers so I'm not a great source. :/
What do you use instead? Trying to find some alternative, more economical chews for my dogs.

JacksonsMom

Huh, darn. Maybe I'll just have to find another chew. They're just too expensive to keep buying and then having him go through them so quickly. I guess I could get the thick 12" ones but those get expensive too.

The Himalayans last a long time here but he really doesn't like them that much so I think that's the reason lol. I haven't tried them in a while so maybe I'll buy a pack.

JacksonsMom

I bought bully sticks for Oliver from Best Bully Sticks. The first time I gave him one he loved it but it upset his belly. I waited a couple weeks and gave him another one. He loved it the second time as well but again it didn't agree with him. Not really sure why.

That stinks :( I know some dogs have issues with them. Luckily we never have, but I still try to not to give them every day.

Huh, darn. Maybe I'll just have to find another chew. They're just too expensive to keep buying and then having him go through them so quickly. I guess I could get the thick 12" ones but those get expensive too.
I DO get the thick 12" ones, and they don't last very long. Granted my dogs are much bigger than yours, but the same size from the local store lasts 2-3x longer (and cost 3x as much, sigh).

I don't give them much anymore anyway because I can buy a variety of types of raw bones in bulk at wholesale from a local meat packer, but what I might do is what I've seen suggested by a few other people: Get the ones from the store that are like 3-4 feet long and cut them into shorter lengths from time to time. Should be more economical that way.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I love best bully sticks for price, but they can't compete with the local farm that my company gets bully sticks from when it comes to quality.
I still choose BBS over my work ones, even after the discount because they are SO cheap.

I also wait for the 12% off sales at BBS then put together huge orders with friends so we get free shipping plus 12% off.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeha antlers aren't exciting. Mia likes raw bones but summer doesn't plus they can't have them inside. Himalayan chews are boring.

I love best bully sticks for price, but they can't compete with the local farm that my company gets bully sticks from when it comes to quality.
I still choose BBS over my work ones, even after the discount because they are SO cheap.

I also wait for the 12% off sales at BBS then put together huge orders with friends so we get free shipping plus 12% off.
This x100!

I'll buy bully sticks both from work, and from BBS. The ones from work last much much longer, but they're also more expensive. A 12" bully stick from work costs me about $6-$ lasts Missy an hour. A 12" bully stick from BBS costs me about $2-$3 and lasts about 20 minutes, so it all evens out.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I've never ordered from them because I always just assume that cheap bully stick = one that isn't going to last. And if I'm just looking for a yummy treat for the dogs, and don't necessarily care about how long it'll last... then I'll just give them a Kong or stuff a trachea.

I like the 12" ones we sell at work but they are almost $9 a pop, so even with my discount I think I've only bought them once or twice because I'm too cheap for that. But they do last Juno a couple hours if I let her have the whole thing in one sitting. I like to do tracheas stuffed with cheap canned food (but not like... bad quality cheap), and then pop those in the freezer... edible Kong I call it lol. Sometimes I'll cut them in half. But that'll give Juno a good hour or two of chewing time as well and she looooves them, and if I spend $6 initially for everything but cut it in half... well, then it turns into a $3 chew.

I like hooves, dirt cheap and last Juno a long long time. But they smell horrendous. I had to stop buying them because she was only allowed to have them outside, but if she gets a chew outside then all she wants to do is bury it. Waste.

Antlers didn't go over well here. Split ones might be better because the marrow is exposed. Also, I know nothing about the brand that I bought, but more "natural" ones that aren't bleached and what not might be more appealing too.

This was long. Lol I like dog chews.

Members online

No members online now.