Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

Default Anyone buy from bestbullysticks?

The last two orders, which were far apart from each other, I've found them to not be as thick and even the odor free ones have much more of a smell. I don't really mind because the smell isn't like rancid or anything... but he easily goes through a 6" in one night and pretty quickly if I don't take it away. He used to chew about half of it, if that, a night. Also, these are the thick 6" ones. I'm just disappointed in them I hate having to spend more for a better brand though... they're so expensive and I prefer to buy them in bulk.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I haven't ordered their bullysticks but other products and I've been happy with their service. I almost never do bullysticks for price and value with my chompers so I'm not a great source. :/
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:18 AM
such sights to show you

I agree that the dogs seem to go through them far faster than the bully sticks I buy at the store here. I've never gotten their odor-free ones, but sometimes I've gotten a batch of the regular ones that smell so bad once they start chewing that I can hardly stand it. It's unfortunate because they are so expensive locally and I really like to buy in bulk as well.

I know people who get the grab bag and are really happy with it, there's stuff other than the plain bully sticks in there. Like the braided ones and the curly ones. I've never tried those myself, though.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I haven't ordered their bullysticks but other products and I've been happy with their service. I almost never do bullysticks for price and value with my chompers so I'm not a great source. :/
What do you use instead? Trying to find some alternative, more economical chews for my dogs.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Huh, darn. Maybe I'll just have to find another chew. They're just too expensive to keep buying and then having him go through them so quickly. I guess I could get the thick 12" ones but those get expensive too.

The Himalayans last a long time here but he really doesn't like them that much so I think that's the reason lol. I haven't tried them in a while so maybe I'll buy a pack.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfedyk View Post
I bought bully sticks for Oliver from Best Bully Sticks. The first time I gave him one he loved it but it upset his belly. I waited a couple weeks and gave him another one. He loved it the second time as well but again it didn't agree with him. Not really sure why.

That stinks I know some dogs have issues with them. Luckily we never have, but I still try to not to give them every day.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Huh, darn. Maybe I'll just have to find another chew. They're just too expensive to keep buying and then having him go through them so quickly. I guess I could get the thick 12" ones but those get expensive too.
I DO get the thick 12" ones, and they don't last very long. Granted my dogs are much bigger than yours, but the same size from the local store lasts 2-3x longer (and cost 3x as much, sigh).

I don't give them much anymore anyway because I can buy a variety of types of raw bones in bulk at wholesale from a local meat packer, but what I might do is what I've seen suggested by a few other people: Get the ones from the store that are like 3-4 feet long and cut them into shorter lengths from time to time. Should be more economical that way.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

The place I use to buy from isn't in business any more but theirs were awesome

Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I love best bully sticks for price, but they can't compete with the local farm that my company gets bully sticks from when it comes to quality.
I still choose BBS over my work ones, even after the discount because they are SO cheap.

I also wait for the 12% off sales at BBS then put together huge orders with friends so we get free shipping plus 12% off.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I buy antlers. They last around two months at my house.