Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Puppy Dog

Red face New addition to the family!

Hi everyone i havent been on for a few weeks and just yesterday added a new addition to the family. as u all know i have debo (chihuahua) babygirl (chihuahua dauchsund mix) and 2 cats hatchet and ninjette. well im here to introduce the newest addition to my family. PRECIOUS! shes a pitbull 7 weeks ( i know shes young but they were going to sell her to someone that didnt have experiance in the breed and i think wanted her for other reasons than a companion) and shes a wopping 10 lbs!!!!! LOL
PRECIOUS

Old 07-14-2012, 04:14 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyedlette View Post
shes a pitbull 7 weeks ( i know shes young but they were going to sell her to someone that didnt have experiance in the breed and i think wanted her for other reasons than a companion)
She's cute, but I'm curious as to what makes you think that?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Puppy Dog

just because i met the person that was also interested in her and was talking about breeding her and that he wanted to crop her beautiful ears and he also had a pit mix in his truck that had scars all over his face and neck didnt make me feel to comfortable! :|
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Puppy Dog

* not against cropping at all * just seemed like he was gonna fight her or something
Old 07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

She's a cutie! Just watch the fur on her head and around her eyes, it seems a little thin, almost pre mange. I'm guessing you bought from a back yard breeder with no guarantee against this sort of thing? When you head to the vet have them take a look and maybe a little scraping for demodex.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:11 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
She's a cutie! Just watch the fur on her head and around her eyes, it seems a little thin, almost pre mange.
She's black. A lot of black APBT (and other shorthaired breed) puppies tend to look thin around the forehead and eyes for awhile. I don't see anything out of the ordinary that would make me recommend a skin scrape for demodex in this pup (nor do I recommend treating mild demodex anyway, it' typically self limiting), just lighter puppy skin pigment contrasting with a dark coat.

Also want to point out that even though the breeder of this puppy is clearly the type to sell to anyone who comes along and has the cash, as unfortunately most APBT breeders are... Owning a dog with cropped ears, and/or scars, does night mean the person fights their dogs. I would hope that anyone who claims to have experience with the breed would know that it IS historically a fighting breed, and accidents happen. I hope that the OP has a plan in place in case the new puppy gets older and no longer likes other dogs.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Puppy Dog

i have alot of expierance with APBT my mom and dad usto breed them when i was younger.. ive had a few that have now passed on.. RIP.. and thank you for the comments shes real good around my other dogs and shes really calm for a puppy im suprised! im taking her to the vet on monday to get puppy shots and for a good check up just to make sure her health is 100% ill keep you all updated with pictures and what the vet tells me
Old 07-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Very cute puppy

Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 AM
...ice road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyedlette View Post
shes real good around my other dogs

Yeah, she's a puppy.

But seriously... Have you really thought out what you will do when she grows up, then becomes dog aggressive and wants to eat your cats?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Puppy Dog

i know some pits may become dog aggressive and may not like cats but out of all my years with the breed i havent had that problem so im hoping it wont happen with this one. and yes i do have an alternative if that does happen but with good training and good socialization that shouldnt happen..