Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM
GipsyQueen's Avatar
GipsyQueen GipsyQueen is offline
<(<) <()> (>)>
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
No I've never blacked out before.
Then go.

I've blacked out countless times, it's just something I do. (last week, actually -.-) So I don't worry - but if it's never happened before, I'd go to the ER or atleast make a doc's appointment.
__________________

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,098
Default

I've blacked out before, but never passed out, exactly. I just lose vision and balance and hearing. Never hit my head, but I've never fallen over, usually I have enough sense/coordination to sort of just collapse downwards vs falling.

Dr doesn't know why it happens to me, just that it does, but I also have low blood sugar and low blood pressure combined with a higher heartbeat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:14 PM
JoLeigh's Avatar
JoLeigh JoLeigh is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 579
Default

There is normally a med van that can come and pick you up if you dont have transport. If you have no history or getting dizzy and blacking out you NEED to go (mother hen here :P)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:18 PM
RedHotDobe's Avatar
RedHotDobe RedHotDobe is offline
aka RedHotBabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,364
Default

While I do think you should go, I was running full speed, tripped, and went airborne for about five feet before slamming down on my knees and elbows and rocketing my head into a door. I blacked out. It hurt. It was swollen. BUT, I was at college and didn't do anything about it. Don't do what I did, lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I've blacked out before, but never passed out, exactly. I just lose vision and balance and hearing. Never hit my head, but I've never fallen over, usually I have enough sense/coordination to sort of just collapse downwards vs falling.

Dr doesn't know why it happens to me, just that it does, but I also have low blood sugar and low blood pressure combined with a higher heartbeat.


Have you been to a neuro , and been screened fro seizures? sounds an awful a lot like a seizure . please bring it up if you havent . not to be all in ya biz or anything .
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:24 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Have you been to a neuro , and been screened fro seizures? sounds an awful a lot like a seizure . please bring it up if you havent . not to be all in ya biz or anything .
Not a problem lol, but I was at a neuro many many years ago (I was in the 2nd grade) for migraines, and that was the last time I've ever been, so no, I haven't.

They happen so infrequently, it'd be super difficult to get it on an MRI or something like that. I had one in senior year of high school which was like six years ago or so, and maybe two a year since then? Has never happened while I'm driving, only when standing up, so that's something at least. I think every single time it's happened I was at work, actually, and on my feet for a couple hours, so I think it's less likely it's seizures and more likely that it's due to low blood sugar/pressure.

I need to go to the dr soon for a routine checkup, so I'll mention that to him. The last one I had was a few months ago.

Not to be ignorant, but I thought seizures typically are the kind that make you shake involuntarily? I know Fran is having a different type, but these haven't been like hers either, I'm not out for any length of time, just down and back up pretty much, and it does leave me with a sort of after effect, but that feels the same as I feel the day after a migraine, just sort of drained. I more attributed that to low sugar?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,699
Default

I get dizzy often as well, combined low blood pressure and blood sugar. Sometimes I get super hyper first, but I always go from light headed, to no vision, no hearing, body is numb. Kind of like having a really heavy, dark blanket slowly coming over you...and by then I'm down and trying to recover, so I start coming out of it. Then I get sick, strong stomach though, so I rarely puke. Never been completely out, though, because it's a slow enough onset that I can sit down and take a moment to recover. I've had it happen when I've been sitting for a long period of time then get up, in the (very hot) shower, bath, at work when I was waitressing...so on so forth.

But anyway, I'd get it checked out just in case. If not ER, then make an appointment with your DR to get their opinion on it, whether it's a MRI, xRay, or whatever.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Baxter'smybaby's Avatar
Baxter'smybaby Baxter'smybaby is offline
swimming upstream
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 21,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Not a problem lol, but I was at a neuro many many years ago (I was in the 2nd grade) for migraines, and that was the last time I've ever been, so no, I haven't.

They happen so infrequently, it'd be super difficult to get it on an MRI or something like that. I had one in senior year of high school which was like six years ago or so, and maybe two a year since then? Has never happened while I'm driving, only when standing up, so that's something at least. I think every single time it's happened I was at work, actually, and on my feet for a couple hours, so I think it's less likely it's seizures and more likely that it's due to low blood sugar/pressure.

I need to go to the dr soon for a routine checkup, so I'll mention that to him. The last one I had was a few months ago.

Not to be ignorant, but I thought seizures typically are the kind that make you shake involuntarily? I know Fran is having a different type, but these haven't been like hers either, I'm not out for any length of time, just down and back up pretty much, and it does leave me with a sort of after effect, but that feels the same as I feel the day after a migraine, just sort of drained. I more attributed that to low sugar?
There are MANY different types of seizures--with lots of different symptoms. Grand Mal seizures are what everyone thinks of with epilepsy/seizure disorders, but there are so many others! Definitely mention your symptoms to the Dr. and/or call a neuro --or even the epilepsy foundation for further information. The "after effect" you describe could be a post-ictal phase (post seizure). My daughter has seizures that cause her to turn her head, and smack her lips--she is awake and can use one side of her body but not the other when it happens. I have seen kids who have laughing seizures, kids who have staring seizures...the list goes on and on.


babyblue--I hope someone is there with you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
There are MANY different types of seizures--with lots of different symptoms. Grand Mal seizures are what everyone thinks of with epilepsy/seizure disorders, but there are so many others! Definitely mention your symptoms to the Dr. and/or call a neuro --or even the epilepsy foundation for further information. The "after effect" you describe could be a post-ictal phase (post seizure). My daughter has seizures that cause her to turn her head, and smack her lips--she is awake and can use one side of her body but not the other when it happens. I have seen kids who have laughing seizures, kids who have staring seizures...the list goes on and on.


babyblue--I hope someone is there with you.
THIS , my son has similar with staring and smacking but twitches in a patterns , recently they have been changing due to him being awake during part . I am always open to any questions , here , pm . whatever. Epilepsy is a catch all phrase for anything that causes a seizure. I did not even know what a seizure was until Caleb started. techniaaclly that is , a misfiring of the brain. intresting stuff , but please do throw it out there to the doc.


Baby , ya alright still?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site