Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 PM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
We sell Red Dog at my store if you need more And if you are in the Vancouver area let me know! It'd be awesome to meet you and Izzie. Are you heading out for an agility trial?
We're (me, izzie, my instructor, kaleb and gyp) headed out there for the Flat Coated Retriever National Speciality in Abbotsford. We'll be at the speciality on the thurs/fri then hanging out walking around van on sat then heading home on sunday i think.
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 PM
~Tucker&Me~ ~Tucker&Me~ is offline
and Spy.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: B.C.
Posts: 4,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
We're (me, izzie, my instructor, kaleb and gyp) headed out there for the Flat Coated Retriever National Speciality in Abbotsford. We'll be at the speciality on the thurs/fri then hanging out walking around van on sat then heading home on sunday i think.
Cool, I'm going to pm you
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Toller_08's Avatar
Toller_08 Toller_08 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Oh shoot, well when/if you do head out give me a heads up and we can totally meet up

For sure! It would be so great to meet you and Spy one day. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I have yet to have a dog that liked Honest Kitchen. I've tried a few different ones of their stuff and I couldn't get Traveler, Hannah or garbage dump, plastic eating Kaylee to finish a bowl of it or eat it more than a day or two. And that was with a lot of dressing up.

Whatever you decide I would try to see if Dance likes it before you buy a big thing of it or expect her to eat it
That's good to know! If I do decide to go the dehydrated route then I will definitely try her on it before we go. Both to see if she likes it and to make sure that if it does make her explode or something, that that happens at home and not while we're away. That would be a disaster.

Upon further thinking I have a feeling she might not even like the texture. She doesn't like squishy, warm things like oatmeal or rice usually. And that's probably the same sort of texture as the dehydrated stuff will be once I add water to it. So we'll see.
__________________


Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,102
Default

All three of my dogs eat Honest Kitchen without hesitation, even though Kim especially can be texture-finicky. Mira too, to a lesser extent. Webster eats anything that even remotely resembles food so he's not really a good benchmark lol.

And fwiw it's on sale this month...20% off everything I think.

Haven't tried other dehydrated so can't say. I usually use either kibble or HK when traveling, if I can't bring raw for some reason.
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,197
Default

The only dehydrated raw I've tried is Sojos and my dogs, and cat when he's being naughty, inhale it and get so super excited when I make it. They are not picky in the first place, but this stuff is like crack to them compared to kibble.

Juno gets a little looser from it, but I think it's just because I can't figure out how much Sojos she should get if she's already had a kibble meal that day. So I probably am too generous.
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
All three of my dogs eat Honest Kitchen without hesitation, even though Kim especially can be texture-finicky. Mira too, to a lesser extent. Webster eats anything that even remotely resembles food so he's not really a good benchmark lol.
I just don't get it! I bought so much of it and even won a couple boxes for free and I can't get mine to eat it! And these are dogs that eat ground veggie cupcakes with no hesitation. And Kaylee is like Web in the sense that if it's there she'll eat it and she wouldn't even finish a bowl. Would have shipped her off to the vet if she hadn't been trying to get into the garbage with the bowl of HK right there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I just don't get it! I bought so much of it and even won a couple boxes for free and I can't get mine to eat it! And these are dogs that eat ground veggie cupcakes with no hesitation. And Kaylee is like Web in the sense that if it's there she'll eat it and she wouldn't even finish a bowl. Would have shipped her off to the vet if she hadn't been trying to get into the garbage with the bowl of HK right there.
Did you try mixing it with ground meat?
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Did you try mixing it with ground meat?
Yep! Or egg or yogurt or peanut butter or freezing it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Yep! Or egg or yogurt or peanut butter or freezing it.
Only one thing left to do: Mix some up for Mira when we visit and she will demonstrate how to eat it for Traveler and Didgie lol
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 AM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I have yet to have a dog that liked Honest Kitchen. I've tried a few different ones of their stuff and I couldn't get Traveler, Hannah or garbage dump, plastic eating Kaylee to finish a bowl of it or eat it more than a day or two. And that was with a lot of dressing up.
AGREED!
Fozzie stopped eating THK after a week... like, wouldn't eat it with a WHOLE CAN of 100% meat Evangers mixed in with a tiny bit of it. Needless to say, they have a horrible return policy, and I lost $80. Fozzie will eat anything!!! Whole tomatoes... pickles... etc

Get like 10 samples of it first. I noticed that he had little pieces of dried vegetables in his poop, and huge poops, which I hated.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site