Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
Ah the American egocentrism rears its ugly head
Since this is what we do in America that’s what EVERYONE must prefer
Last stats out circ rate dropped to 50% here so woo hoo! Older generations its like around 90% or so. So more and more women and men will grow accustomed to how a penis REALLY looks and soon will start to see ones that are surgically altered as the "funny" looking ones
Old 07-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
to be fair... it didn't say ALL it said most lol so that wouldn't be EVERYONE
LOL, point taken.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 07-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Kaydee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18833145

When I questioned it with the pediatrician when my boys were born, she said it's a choice for the parents to make, but she did see a higher rate of infections in babies whose parents chose not to. And that the process is certainly less traumatic for a newborn with a capable doctor or mohel than compared to say a toddler or older.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Haha.. just like on any controversal issues, if one finds 10,000 websites for it, another would likely find 10,000 websites against it. The website I linked is just one example which states the benefits (it's the first one that pops up when I typed "circumcision vs uncircumcision" on yahoo search ) You read to gather information, then together with your personal believes and preferences, form an opinion of your own.

So many of your said you wouldn't do it to your infant boy, I said I would. Simply at that .

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm All Ears

I mean really... no penises are what I'd call 'attractive'. lol Amusing? Fun?

I would not circumcise a baby boy if I had a child. I am also not sure if I think it should be illegal though.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Top Dog

Well, I think stats from The World Health Organization and American Academy of Pediatrics as a bit more than just some website
Old 07-13-2012, 05:30 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

I don't really think it should be illegal either - to each their own. I am against circumcision though, and wouldn't, unless medically needed alter my son, if I had one.
I don't think it's right for parents to make a choice about their child's body before the child can even have an opinion. Circumcision is a whole different story than piercing an infant's ears (though I don't think thats right either). You are altering a part of a sexual organ, not just putting a small hole through a flab of skin. If your child doesn't want to wear earings she doesn't have to - but you can't return someones forskin.

It's so odd how two relativly similar cultures - can be so different in certian opinions. I guess it really has alot to do with what you grow up with.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Kaydee

I had mine circumcised for practical purposes, cleaning under those little fingernails was enough of a challenge. Obviously if you're Muslim or Jewish it has spiritual meaning so of course it shouldn't be illegal. I was also swayed by one of my uncles. He was circumcized after repeated infections in his thirties and just owwwwie, a newborn is not going to remember...really.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Ok, so for those who have talked to men who had infections...how many of you have talked to men who cant have sex without pain from their circs? Infections are at least treatable and you can always circ if for some reason you cant keep it under control, cant easily grow it back (some men do but its a LONG tedious process that doesnt always work)

I dont know, honestly to me its like doing mastectomies in case you were to develop breast cancer later in life.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Behavior Nerd

I think one of the biggest issues I've heard of through my research is the lack of information pediatricians have - retraction of the foreskin in infants/toddlers is mentioned a LOT but is incorrect. An intact penis should not be manually retracted for cleaning or exams before it can be retracted easily and without pain by the owner. I would think early retraction would certainly be likely to invite more infections!