Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
I don't know anyone that is circumcised.

And I didn't know the difference either. I still haven't actually seen the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
When everything is ready to go there really isn't much of one.
Yeah, I haven't either. First/only guy I've been with is my husband. But thanks for informing us Paige! Such a mysterious and withheld issue to us womenfolk. I honestly just assumed it was just done and that's how guys were born. No one ever really teaches you otherwise and in the US, no one questions it. I think many places still just do it without asking the mothers.

I wonder if any of the men on the forum will pitch in their opinions?

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Let it be

From the men I've talked to if they are cut, they say they prefer it and if they are not, they prefer it. They don't know any different unless they were cut later in life and usually they prefer being cut because they were having issues with their foreskin.

The only difference I have found between an intact penis and not from a sexual perspective is... oh god I don't even know if I'm allowed to say this... manual stimiulation on an intact guy has more of a gliding motion.

/hides
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
such sights to show you

Honestly I don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other except to say that it's just not the kind of thing I care to see legislated.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

not going to debate but my feelings are , Off with the skin! I had my boys done. without really any research but my uncle telling me if i did not he would kill me . ( could be cause said uncle had his off at 13 cause he did not grow right or something , not a convo i wanted to have with him)

how about ear piercing a little girl. it is cosmetic and while not cutting off part , but still holes and could be problems. how ya feel about that ? i am undecided (cause i am worried about care) on the girls even though there dad wants it.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Let it be

I don't support ear piercing on children either.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
not going to debate but my feelings are , Off with the skin! I had my boys done. without really any research but my uncle telling me if i did not he would kill me . ( could be cause said uncle had his off at 13 cause he did not grow right or something , not a convo i wanted to have with him)
how about ear piercing a little girl. it is cosmetic and while not cutting off part , but still holes and could be problems. how ya feel about that ? i am undecided (cause i am worried about care) on the girls even though there dad wants it.
As for earrings.. my opinion is the same..wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves and deal with the care. Ears can get nasty infections from not being taken care of/cleaned properly.
but, that said, it's a totally different issue. Ear piercing isn't permanent. If she doesn't want her ears pierced when she is old enough to decide, she can just take them out..holes close. I certainly don't AGREE with cosmetic baby ear piercing, but that said.. it's not as HUGE a deal as permanently surgically altering sex organs.

AND it's not technically a surgery, although it is cosmetic. Most of the time, there is anestesia involved in circumcision and with that.. there is MUCH more risk. Not to mention the pain factor. Ears vs. Sex organs nerve wise/healing time wise.. there is no contest.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Honestly I don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other except to say that it's just not the kind of thing I care to see legislated.
this is pretty much how I feel. No strong feelings for or against but as for my preferences sexually I prefer circumsized, I've experienced both but definitely have a preference.

I'm not a guy (obviously) and can't really relate but my feeling is if I had to choose between having it done at a time that I wouldn't have any recollection of it or have it done as an adult and have to remember the pain and go through all the pain before hand that leads up to adult males needing it done... I'd wish I had it done when I couldn't remember it lol.

As for ear piercing, another thing that I don't feel strongly about either way. I didn't have Hannah's done because it was just one more thing to take care of and I had this paranoia that somehow the earring would come out and she'd choke on it or something lol. but if she asked me now I'd let her.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

I prefer the look of cut, but it's not my body, not my penis, and my future son can decide what he wants.
I will probably feel a bit badly if he chooses to go for it, as he wouldn't have to deal with the pain and healing and what not, but I want him to choose, regardless.

I hold the same opinion for ear piercing. Especially since dealing with infections are a pain in the butt.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Actually, if the ears are done with a gun, it makes all the difference. Most gun-piercings do not heal or close properly, often leave irreversible damage, often scar, can cause horrible infections, it is extremely unsanitary...the list goes on. But most people are completely uneducated about proper piercing, take their baby girl to Claire's, and that is it from there. It should ONLY be done with a needle. The gun ought to be banned completely, let alone for piercing on young children.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I had all 7 holes in my ear done with a gun. I was young and didn't know any better but there was no damage done, they've closed up and I've had them repierced a time or two in my life and never had an infection.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney