Tell him you need cats for the lulz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qnf9nx706w

And especially this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_fySQqqvc
Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Kaydee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Ok first issue.. the litter box. THey have these AWESOME ONES NOW!! You just tip them over and it scoops itself
http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self...rds=litter+box
Barely any fuss and easy enough for a kid to do!

Then you give him the speech.. these little girls aren't going to be little forever. One day they are going to beg and pled for cell phones and later curfews and money and time out on a school night to go out with their boyfriends.
but for now..they are little and innocent and need to learn responsibility and they will remember forever the pure perfect joy of getting their first pet

and then you show him this

and then you remember that they are CATS. and take a moment to thank your lucky stars those little girls aren't asking for puppies because unlike puppies, can't don't need potty breaks outside at 3 in the morning in the freezing cold. They come already ready to use the box!!
If that video doesn't work, nothing will...ooohsosweeetwittlebabeeeooooh
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

No help here. I despise cats.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

Go to the pet store and buy a mouse and let it loose in the house, let your hubby see it, tell him how that wouldn't happen with cats in the house.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
Tell him you NEED 3 so 2 won't sound so bad. I didn't want another cat ever after 19 yrs with Eddie. Poor old eddie, anyway Sancho has restored my faith that not all cats live to irritate.
Heck, tell him you need a horse. You don't know how good two little kitties sound after that.

When I got Cricket, my dad really didn't want to have much to do with her. He had been put on litter box duty for several years while my mom was pregnant/raising little brats and I think that just ruined it for him. But Cricket has the biggest crush on him. She follows him everywhere and insists he pet her while she eats. I've caught my dad holding and singing to her a couple times, though he profusely denies it. lol
Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I have no ideas for you. Just wanted you to know I'd be watching this thread to steal any good ideas!

My husband is against having cats. He doesn't hate cats, he hates litter boxes/indoor bathroom use for animals. He is all for having a cat if it goes potty outside..........I am against outdoor cats (in town especially) so we are at an impass
Toilet training a cat is not difficult And it helps with the seat down argument. "But you don't want the cat to fall in and then be afraid to use the toilet, do you?"

Oh, and Bog . . . there's always the trump question/assumptive close: "but I thought you LIKED p . . . ?"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Toilet training a cat is not difficult And it helps with the seat down argument. "But you don't want the cat to fall in and then be afraid to use the toilet, do you?"

Oh, and Bog . . . there's always the trump question/assumptive close: "but I thought you LIKED p . . . ?"
For the win. If this doesn't work. I will just pull out the big guns and promise um other things for him. LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaJD View Post
Go to the pet store and buy a mouse and let it loose in the house, let your hubby see it, tell him how that wouldn't happen with cats in the house.
This. lol

Seriously, though. Cats kill everything. Spiders, roaches, whatever other little bugs find their way in, mice, rats, snakes... I don't live in an area with a scorpion problem anymore, so I'm not sure about that. But I reckon they'd do that, too.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

He would get a mini if i said horses . We can't afford that LOL but the killing bugs is a good arguement. Hmmmm I bet I get them will all these good suggestions.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

I can vouch for scorpions

But two cats are BETTER then one they keep each other occupied. And... THEY ARE SOOO CUTE!
Oh and this video- http://i.imgur.com/YpEFd.gif