Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Default I can't take my dog out in public

We went over to the Starbucks that our friend manages tonight, and brought Rumor so we could hang outside after getting drinks. We walk into the courtyard, and the first thing she does is jump up on a table and just stand there. -_-

That's not what tables are for, Rumor!

Most of the people sitting out there found it amusing. And our friend thought she was awesome and gave her whipped cream. She's such a turd.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

That's awesome. A few years ago I stopped at a timmies for coffee and timbits, my golden at the time was addicted to those. She was used to the girls being much quicker about noticing and offering her one, got tired of waiting and tried to make it a 'self serve' window. I tackled her but she had elbows on the counter and scared the girl half to death, she thought she was going to be eaten.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Rosey likes to guard the door at Starbucks asking everybody for a treat to pass. Then everybody buys the cute dog a treat. *****.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Hahaha, thats awesome on both counts. Erm, Lily has done the table thing before, but it was a place that had picnic tables and not those metal ones.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Kaydee

Awwww that's so cute. Whenever we walk by picnics in progress at the reservation Sophie stays close by me...too much noise, people, music...but she can always home in on the abuleta with the pork chop or those young guys that will feed her hamburgers...poor starving doggie routine is embarrassing
Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
That's awesome. A few years ago I stopped at a timmies for coffee and timbits, my golden at the time was addicted to those. She was used to the girls being much quicker about noticing and offering her one, got tired of waiting and tried to make it a 'self serve' window. I tackled her but she had elbows on the counter and scared the girl half to death, she thought she was going to be eaten.
She does this all the time, too! I'm pretty sure she'd get all the way on the counter if I didn't stop her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Rosey likes to guard the door at Starbucks asking everybody for a treat to pass. Then everybody buys the cute dog a treat. *****.
At least Rosey is polite. Rumor demands rather than asks, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
Hahaha, thats awesome on both counts. Erm, Lily has done the table thing before, but it was a place that had picnic tables and not those metal ones.
So Rumor isn't the only rude dog, then. I'd be surprised if she hasn't been on the kitchen table. I know she sits on the chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
Awwww that's so cute. Whenever we walk by picnics in progress at the reservation Sophie stays close by me...too much noise, people, music...but she can always home in on the abuleta with the pork chop or those young guys that will feed her hamburgers...poor starving doggie routine is embarrassing
Rumor can put on the poor, neglected, sad puppy dog eyes out in public, too. She looks abused. People are always interested in her, but she ignores everyone unless they have food. And she'll ignore them again once she realizes they ran out of food. Strangers are boring.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
and Fozzie B!

Rumor is a groomer's dream.

I spent all day grooming 3 dumbass Goldens (related, of course) who thrashed like bucking broncos when I was getting them up on the tables... then proceeded to shake the whole table violently, spin in circles & attempt suicide by jumping off about 30 times while I struggled to not stab them with my scissors. My stomach hurt so bad from catching them all, I thought I was going to have a miscarriage. Not fun. I love dogs who enjoy standing on tables and looking pretty.

Fozzie thinks that picnic tables are made for him to survey his kingdom... whenever we sit at one, he jumps on the top and looks around and stands right in front of your face like "feast your eyes upon the glory that is my physique!"

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie