Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Top Dog

Default Some people annoy me!

Ok a lot of people annoy me but still.

On one of the facebook pages for a nearby town, someone posted a dog they'd found. Nobody knows who it belongs to. A few days later and today the lady posts well if nobody collects the dog by Friday, he's going to 'a new home'. Which is against the law here to find and then rehome a dog. You have to take the dog to a rescue, or to a shelter for three days, then it's considered a stray. You can house the dog for a year then rehome it and the owners who first had the dog can still legally claim it (the idea of the law is to make sure that people don't just steal dogs and sell them claiming they were stray/lost)...

The woman got all snotty with me for posting a link to the law, on a rescue page that would have gladly done the listing for her. Oh well, hope it works out.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

Eh. Personally I think that's ridiculous and I'd prefer to post for three days over our pound. If they are actively looking and called the pound what's the problem. Here the pound and rescue wouldn't have room if you wanted to take it.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Puppy Dog

I agree with joce. Is the law that you ACTUALLY have to take the dog there? Here you can post the dog at the shelter, post signs, etc. and after a certain period of time you can legally keep the dog. I'd much rather see a dog getting to hang out in someone's house than sitting in a cold kennel.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM
such sights to show you

Only some?