Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-10-2012, 06:34 PM
not so newby

Default New iPad question

I got the iPad 3 about a week ago and love it. I'll be getting a new cell in the next month or so. My question is what I would be missing out on if I went with a non apple cell phone. I really like the new Samsung Galaxy III. Would it really be of any benefit for me to get an iPhone also?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Resident fainting goat

I like having the whole iphone/ipad duo because everything syncs together in the ICLOUD thing (with my computer as well) like emails,pictures,documents etc.. BUT it's not something that is totally soo necessary I would get an iphone if I didn't have it already
It's also convenient that they use the same charger lol

Get the phone you like best Icloud and all that compatibility stuff isn't really necessary IMO. I used my ipad plenty before I got an iphone
Old 07-11-2012, 03:56 AM
not so newby

Thank you for the response. It's nice to hear from people who have both. Are there any other "special" benefits besides the iCloud?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Blackout

What Fran said.

I love my iPhone and plan to get an iPad soon - but yeah, it's not totally absolutely necessary but indeed nifty and convenient
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Resident fainting goat

well, if you have the regular Ipad (with only wifi) you can use your iphone as your personal hotspot so you always have internet

If you and someone else have an iphone you can play scrabble by having your letters on your phones and the board being the Ipad lol I hate when people look at my letters so this, for me, is awesome!

Photo sync is nice.. you always have all your pictures.

Umm..I'm sure there's more but that's all I use
Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Jerk.

The Apple strategy as I understand it, is to have all apps on the OSX and iOS platforms shared, download an app on your iDevice and its available on your iMac, iPhone and iPad. Also like Fran said all content is synced across the iCloud over a WiFi connection.

This can be done cross platforms as well, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux with Dropbox with minimal effort, With Dropbox I can have any file available on my Linux computers, Android phone, Android tablet, and my Windows partition as long as I'm connected to the intardnet to syc the files.

So you can get a Samsung Galaxy and use Dropbox to sync files to your iPad and Windows box.

And the I on any Apple product is in the lower case, iMac, iPod, iMac, iPhone, and iPad, it always has been. I hate Apple and its restrictions, but is it to much to ask for the fan bois and gurls at least get the capitalization right?

Without a Google who knows what teh "i" is for?

Windows strategy is to have the same OS across all platforms, PC/Tablet/Phone/TV and they seem closer then Apple with ARM platform being the exception.

Ubuntu Linux is lining up their cards to be the true cross platform all in one OS for TV/PC/Tablet/Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin

Last edited by blue; 07-11-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Resident fainting goat

internet I suppose lol truly, I have no idea.. maybe just "I" as in me, kind of thing.

and the reason for the weird capitals is because I am on my work blackberry lol all the interns must use these and oddly enough, it does not respect apple capitals and basically does what it wants concerning auto-correct. Although I'm sure I make the mistake more often then not lol I'm so touched you are so offended by me mis-capitalizing your favorite technology!

Also, this "apple fan gurl" has never been anything but nice to you and really wonders if it's too much to ask for you to be nice as well, well, I know that might be too hard for you so how about you just ignore me in general?

Honestly,more people might actually find what you say interesting and knowledgable if it wasn't for the 10 layers of angry pompous sourpuss.
We all know what I meant by IPAD or Ipad or IIPAD or IPaD.. so did we really have to stoop to the level of correcting spelling and grammar?

thanks

Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
internet I suppose lol truly, I have no idea.. maybe just "I" as in me, kind of thing.
WIN!!! The i for the original iMac was for Intardnet.

Quote:
and the reason for the weird capitals is because I am on my work blackberry lol all the interns must use these and oddly enough, it does not respect apple capitals and basically does what it wants concerning auto-correct. Although I'm sure I make the mistake more often then not lol I'm so touched you are so offended by me mis-capitalizing your favorite technology!
Its not just you, and dont blame your Blackberry.

Quote:
Also, this "apple fan gurl" has never been anything but nice to you and really wonders if it's too much to ask for you to stop acting like such a higher than thou well..jerk frankly. Honestly,more people might actually find what you say interesting and knowledgable if it wasn't for the 10 layers of angry pompous sourpuss.
We all know what I meant by IPAD or Ipad or IIPAD or IPaD.. so did we really have to stoop to the level of correcting spelling and grammar? It's a little petty lol
Im dyslexic, so when I notice things like Ipad instead of iPad it bothers me. I may have a touch of OCD when it comes to that. I really do hate Apple but they do drive Windows and the Opensource Movement as much as they steal from them.

Quote:
thanks
You're welcome.

Quote:

I'ld post a pic of me in my company iPhone Tshirt but it is 2 sizes too small.

I agreed with you on the Samsung iPad match and I am a jerk for what? Suggesting Dropbox is an alternative to iCloud?

Quote:
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Resident fainting goat

Oh and I spoke to my brother that has an android as well as an ipad and according to him, they work well together. He does all of it with his ipad/phone that I do (other then scrabble lol)

so unless scrabble is of any serious importance lol I would just go with whatever phone you like best

I edited my post Blue. I didn't mean jerk and hate name calling but lost my temper...the stupid apple fangirl comment is a sore spot admittedly.
I think the whole dropbox idea is awesome, as with the rest.

and yes I will blame my Blackberry! **** thing does nothing but freeze!! LOL
although it is fun to have a phone I can drop and not pray it doesn't crack..
Old 07-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Jerk.

Words With fiends for the Win!! Eff Scrabble.

Quote:
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin