Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-11-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm All Ears

Well looking back on my old posts I want to bury them all in a grave forever. lol

I read some of my diary from when I was 14 the other day, so 11 years ago and I was an idiot teenager. Every post was about so and so cute boy or drama between me and my friends.

I guess I really can't talk when I get annoyed with my teenage siblings. I am really hoping they grow up out of the 'I know everything and everything is drama' phase soon.

10 years ago I was a freshman in high school who thought they would grow up to be a vet. I've changed a lot since then and been through a lot of life experiences (both good and bad) since then. Graduated college and got a 'real job' but still don't feel so grown up. I'm still the youngest at work and more and more am realizing how little I know and how young acting I can still be compared to the people that have been around the block a few more times than I have.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Top Dog

I joined chaz back when I was 18. I have changed an insane amount. At the time I had just ran away from home and still had the make everyone else happy frame of mind... Now not so much but my life is much more enjoyable.

The board has changed a lot XD

I think before someone starts complaining about how 'mean' people can be on here they need to hunt down some of reds old posts and thank god they weren't here then. Because if what I've seen lately is mean they definitely wouldn't have made it five years ago XD

Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Complete 180. My family can't believe it.

When Brian and I met 8 years ago I was a totally different person than I am now. Definitely the "I know everything about everything" phase but a lot of other things too. Very immature (I'm still immature LOL just in a different way... more in the "I laugh when people say butt" type of immature lol), was definitely still sowing some wild oats. there seemed a lot of drama in life. I didn't clean, couldn't cook, didn't want kids, I was selfish and foolish.

Since then I have done a complete 180. I'm a stay at home/homeschooling mom, I can clean the heck out of this house (although with it being small it never looks like it lol), I'm a good cook, there is no drama anymore and if there is I just distance myself from it (like family drama with my dad or my sister), I'm definitely a lot more mature than I was at 21/22 (but I'm still childish lol), I just feel like I'm on an even keel now and even when there is a wrench in the works I don't feel like everything is totally off kilter, I just take it in stride. I'm so much calmer in my "old age" LOL. I feel like I can just really enjoy life now.

Really it's a night and day difference from the person I used to be. I've changed so much ... for the better.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Totally randomly found an old diary today from 2002... Coincidence much???????

I am soooooo happy I managed to get through my earlier years. I was a mess!! I feel the 30s could be good
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
<--------Orson

Dizzy, the 30's are GREAT! This may vary from person to person, but I loved my 30's and if I could go back to any time..........I think that's the decade I'd pick!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Are you dead yet?

Night and day. I was 12 years old 10 years ago. I was an avid swimmer/basketball player and I was obsessed with animals.

I was 17 years old 5 years ago, also night and day. In the past 2 years especially I think I've grown a lot and I don't even fully recognize the person I was back then.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Mitch & Erin

I'm completely different from just 1 years ago. Moving out of my parents house when I was 21 made me see things a lot differently. I stopped talking to a lot of people who I now consider burn-outs, and having a job is actually enviable.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Well, since ten years ago, I was 7, I'm pretty sure I've changed. And five years ago I was 11. So yeah, a lot of change
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.