Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Top Dog

I find it disheartening how so many people bashed Bush when he was in office but now get so uptight when any one bashes Obama. They blamed everything on Bush but now that it's Obama screwing up, it isn't the presidents fault. I find him even worse than Bush, he is making alot of the same mistakes Bush made even after seeing how he failed. I don't like the fact that Obama is trying to divide this country and am appalled that it is working.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Felurian

This country was divided long before Obama came on the scene. The Bush/Kerry campaign was one of the nastier (on the Republican side) campaigns, and the state and local campaigns in many venues mirrored this.

We've been divided for decades. One thing Reagan does deserve credit for is uniting the country, but it's been moving back apart ever since, largely due to nasty campaigns and as much as I dislike both sides, the Republicans get the prize for being the most effective at it. The Dems are, overall, pathetically inept when it comes to campaigning. The last competent campaigning they did was James' Carville's Clinton campaign. It was so good that the Republicans are now using the catch phrase -- "it's the economy, stupid."

Americans don't really vote on the merits of the candidates. We can't even be bothered to look up their voting records for ourselves. We go with whoever spreads the most interesting dirt on the other guy, whether it has any resemblance to truth or relevance to the issues and who has the most TV spots.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
very mature, and typical of you. Talk one game, then act another when someone doesn't agree. I happen to know what makes American Great, and it isn't the example you set
Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 AM
such sights to show you

Same stuff, different election year. Usually the good old days, weren't and the bad new days, aren't. Most of us see and remember things as WE are, not as THEY are. *shrug*

Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
"America is following in Europe's footsteps" Does not sound negativ rather than a statement. As none of western Europe is communist. More social than America? Yes.

We Europeans live such horrible and controled lives. We are FORCED to have heath insurance so that everyone has medical care no matter how much they make, and we are FORCED to pay into a retirement fund that is shared with all, so that even people we didn't earn alot, can still retire and don't have stand at your next door walmart to pack bags until they're 90. Worst of all, we have social system, where if you loose your job, you don't land on the streets. Oh noes our lives are such horrible ones, and because we can't decide if we want these things we not free. The wonderful great America is heading towards being like Europe - how HORRID.

Sorry, had to get that out of our system.

And to not "remembering" how great America was - You can't forget that world is completly different than it was 40 or 50 years ago. Most countries aren't what they were 40 or 50 years ago. When America was founded the world was completly different. You can't go by that now. We're all so connected - it really doesn't matter if you're in Australia, or South Africa, Europe or America - just look at Chaz.
We all need to work together. There shouldn't BE one country that is greater or better than another.
That involves change though - not the downfall of America.

As a fellow European.. Thank you.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
you need to get off propaganda blogs, really it's bad for you health
Hence...a smarta$$ gesture for a smarta$$ comment.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
"America is following in Europe's footsteps" Does not sound negativ rather than a statement. As none of western Europe is communist. More social than America? Yes.

We Europeans live such horrible and controled lives. We are FORCED to have heath insurance so that everyone has medical care no matter how much they make, and we are FORCED to pay into a retirement fund that is shared with all, so that even people we didn't earn alot, can still retire and don't have stand at your next door walmart to pack bags until they're 90. Worst of all, we have social system, where if you loose your job, you don't land on the streets. Oh noes our lives are such horrible ones, and because we can't decide if we want these things we not free. The wonderful great America is heading towards being like Europe - how HORRID.

Sorry, had to get that out of our system.

And to not "remembering" how great America was - You can't forget that world is completly different than it was 40 or 50 years ago. Most countries aren't what they were 40 or 50 years ago. When America was founded the world was completly different. You can't go by that now. We're all so connected - it really doesn't matter if you're in Australia, or South Africa, Europe or America - just look at Chaz.
We all need to work together. There shouldn't BE one country that is greater or better than another.
How much does it cost you to buy a rib eye or T-bone steak? A gallon of milk? What is an average rent on a 1500 square foot apartment? How much does a 2000 square foot house on an acre of land in a nice neighborhood or area cost to purchase? How much is a gallon of gas where you live? What percentage of your paycheck goes to taxes? Just curious. My ex said that in Czech Republic they have to work (I forget how many hours, but it was a LOT) to make enough to buy nice meat, for example. Since I don't have a feel for the comparison of their money to our money, he puts it in terms of how long one has to work to be able to afford certain things. And there was a huge difference. Granted, there are some things that are less. But I was just curious how it is on average in Europe.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:

yep.

But don't bother, Gips, when people bring up "YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND" it's because they know heyve been shown the flaws in their thinking and are just grasping at straws.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM
*Now with Snark*

OH JFC.... We survived W... we'll survive Obama even if he gets a 2nd term, falls on his head and actually becomes the boogeyman the drinking the koolaid nutbar crowd says he is. Actually I think he's done a fine job polishing the turd that this county's political system has degenerated into and managed to get a couple things in the healthcare package I can actually live with - call it Obama care or Romney care if you wish. Do you really want to go back to the way it was before?

If blame for anything lies with anyone it's congress and the representatives... and if any blame is to be shared it's our fault for re reelecting the same ninnies for our home districts each and every **** time because they bring home the pork and are the only ones who can afford to run again and again.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I think a lot of people are just upset because everything is taking time and just isn't magically better. It has taken a long time to get (whatever you dislike) to the point it is at now, you can't expect it to all be magically fixed in a term.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13