Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Jackson is pretty good at traveling. He does get a *little* nervous sometimes since our car accident two years ago, but he always willingly gets in and is fine once we're riding. He sits in his Snoozer car seat and sometimes lays down but rarely truly sleeps. He watches out the window.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm All Ears

Summer is just perfect of course. Okay, when she's riding with Mia in the car she can't help but join in the whining and screaming in excitement.

Mia is a brat and hates being in her kennel for long car rides and she will let you know. So she chews the kennel bars and will make weird noises off and on on the trip. She also is too excited on short trips so she whines and screeches most the way in anticipation. To be honest, I think it's hilarious how excited car rides make her. She's so sure we're going someplace fun and Mia is impatient. She also used to get carsick until she was about 1 1/2 years old. Even the shortest trips would have her puking just out the driveway. She's fine now.

No matter what if they think we've arrived it's a barking fit. And if we turn on roads they know, it's a barking fit. Everything exciting must be shared loudly!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Elsie's awesome--curls up and goes to sleep.

Zobby hur-hur-hurs the whole way out wherever we're going, and then sleeps on the way back, lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Mine are all good about it. Settle right into their crates and zzzzzzz. I'm very blessed especially since we travel quite a bit.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Grace is pretty good. We've only taken one longish car trip together and she was really awesome the whole way (even when the 4 hour trip turned into 6 hours because we had to turn around because I forgot something at the hotel, boo). She was also totally amazing working out of her crate that weekend -- it was soo easy, no whining at all, and that made me very happy.

Bailey's anxiety kicks in in the car. It's kind of interesting -- he never gets stressy back and forth to daycare, because he knows where he's going. When I can tell him where we're going (e.g., "beach"), he's fine the whole way (though a little amped up and he gets super excited at the end). But he gets stressy when he doesn't know where he's going. Poor buddy. We're hoping to get some additional help on the anxiety, too. Also maybe I should just teach him some more terms for destinations!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

They both travel in crates, so they have no chance to get into trouble. Cara can be a PITA if there is a water bucket hanging in her crate though, she'll smack it against the side of the crate over and over again.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
BusterLove

Buster travels in the back. Tongue out, staring out the windows as happy as can be.
Quinn doesn't love the car, she is harnessed into the back seat and likes to stick her head out the window some of the time, sleep on the seat some of the time and very occasioanlly she'll sit there looking sick and drooling but she's improved a lot with that.

I plan on doing a lot of travelling by car with my two so I'm lucky they both travel well.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
So she chews the kennel bars and will make weird noises off and on on the trip. She also is too excited on short trips so she whines and screeches most the way in anticipation. She's so sure we're going someplace fun and Mia is impatient.

No matter what if they think we've arrived it's a barking fit. And if we turn on roads they know, it's a barking fit. Everything exciting must be shared loudly!
Kastle is 100% this. We call him the Angry Monkey.

The ENTIRE rest of the pack rides perfectly quiet. It's only Kastle that makes monkey noises that escalate to shrieking and finally barking if he reaches his threshold before we pull into SOMEWHERE REALLY REALLY FUN.

Limit will occasionally startle me with a loud, angry bark...at his toy, in the crate, on his own. Otherwise, all quiet.

Finn used to get carsick but thankfully, no longer. Everyone sleeps for the most part. Kastle will only sleep on loooonnngggg trips or on the way home.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Morgan doesn't get particularly excited by the car. He likes to be with us, but the car offers no thrill towards the destination. He pretty much jumps in, lies down, and doesn't make a peep until we park.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I did forget to mention that Bailey has a sidecar for my motorcycle, which makes him scream and scream and scream. It is his FAVORITE THING EVER OH GOD MOTORCYCLE. The other dogs don't have helmets/are gigantic so they don't ride on the bike.

I can hear him over my engine. And it's a '65 Honda.

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart