Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Chloe has horrible anxiety and will shake/pant the entire time. That's only when we are going somewhere, though - on the way home she curls up and goes to sleep. But, she also minds very well, doesn't get car sick, doesn't bark, and waits to get in and out of the car, so she's really not that bad.

Cynder does great. Cooper and Gracie are still learning riding manners (stay in the back seat, wait to jump in, wait to jump out, don't scratch up the windows), but they normally just zonk out in the back.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Both of my dogs are great. Meg went through a period of severe stress when we were on the interstate after I got pulled over with her in the car. It took forever to get her over it (imagine 17 hours straight of panting from Kentucky to Vermont ), but she is finally totally back to her old self. She generally just lies down and naps.

Gusto is way busier (imagine that). He's a great traveler, but he likes to look out and see where we are constantly. He does go to sleep on longer drives, but around town, he's a constant co-pilot.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Frodo is getting better!

Since implementing his seat belt routine and just having him in the car more often, he has stopped whining altogether on most trips, and the stress panting has greatly reduced. Even getting stuck in rush hour traffic doesn't set him off anymore. And the 1-1.5 hour drive to Megan's farm isn't hell!
He just sits belted into the back, middle seat and soaks in the air conditioning

He still gets very anxious if I have to leave him in the car to do something quick, but he doesn't bark and scream anymore, just stress pants and strains to try and see me. Hopefully after we see Dr. D this will be something we can work more on!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

I put mine both in a crate and I don't even know they're there. It's actually kind of dangerous. I could forget and leave them there. lol. They don't make a peep. They like going places...think there's a possibility of a fun adventure. No car sickness or anything. Any place we go is someplace they like, so they get excited if I mention the advent of a car ride. Woo hoo!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Twin 2

Just so we all are clear though, I have the only awesomest awesome Traveler.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Top Dog

Zander screams his bloody head off. Or used to anyway.

I think the 4 day ride up here switched him up a bit. He slept for the majority of it.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

Pan is an amazing traveling dog. We've been traveling lately for training, 6 hour trips one way, and she either curls up in the back seat and snoozes or just watches quietly. She is really well-behaved at hotels or camping in a tent as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Kaydee

If I'm driving she sits beside me looking out the window-closed, she doesn't like the windows open at all...too much noise? Then she'll curl on the seat and snooze.
If hubbys driving she sits pretty good but whines on the highway. Sez something about his driving
Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Chloe is good, she can get whiny but is usually good. Violets getting MUCH better. She used to cry the WHOLE way, but now she just gets whiny if we stop, because she thinks she can get out lol!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

Yoshi just curls up in the seat and goes to sleep. Sometimes I'll crack the window and she'll sniff the air that is blowing in and some times she likes looking into other cars. But she's really good most of the time.