Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM
stafinois's Avatar
stafinois stafinois is offline
Professional Nerd
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 1,617
Default

I dunno why you all think that's weird. Brindle means their ears stick up. Duh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,799
Default

LOVE the last pic and 7892!!! They look awesome and especially when Didgie is grown yOure going to have two very svelte muscular dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
houlahoops's Avatar
houlahoops houlahoops is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 801
Default

You know we could make some right purty babies if we bred your brindle 'Houla and my Aussie...just sayin' =P

But seriously. They are so cute and you are an excellent photographer! It's hard to capture things moving at warp speed!!!

Edit: the idea of a toy 'Houla makes me want to barf and hide in a corner singing Kumbaya. Our saving grace has always been that they are too big to fit in the dishwasher, under the mower, through gate gaps, etc.
__________________
Emily and Pippa v. Johnson-Haus
"Well, don't let me be the moldy cheese in your refrigerator of hope." - Justin McKee



http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
SizzleDog SizzleDog is offline
Lord Cynical
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9,374
Default

They look SO, SO healthy!!!
__________________



Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Upendi&Mina's Avatar
Upendi&Mina Upendi&Mina is offline
Mainstreme Elitist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 2,532
Default

They are gorgeous.

But to play devil's advocate, aussies can come in black and tan although it isn't all that common and working bred dogs don't tend to carry a lot of coat. Although given the fact that the dog is tailed, I doubt it. And I honestly lol'd at them only herding australian sheep...Cara didn't get that memo.
__________________


My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Little sisters are hard. LOL.
Preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
So jealous of your brindle houlas.

BTW, Didgie looks gorgeous!! Very pretty girl, love that arched neck on her (yes I am a dane person). Traveler just cracks me up.
You totally are and it makes me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
LOVE the last pic and 7892!!! They look awesome and especially when Didgie is grown yOure going to have two very svelte muscular dogs.
I hope so! Didgie needs to grow into her body. Puppies are fun but I enjoy fully grown dogs a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houlahoops View Post
You know we could make some right purty babies if we bred your brindle 'Houla and my Aussie...just sayin' =P

But seriously. They are so cute and you are an excellent photographer! It's hard to capture things moving at warp speed!!!

Edit: the idea of a toy 'Houla makes me want to barf and hide in a corner singing Kumbaya. Our saving grace has always been that they are too big to fit in the dishwasher, under the mower, through gate gaps, etc.
I use the hope and pray method for those speed pictures And the take a million and hope two come out right

And yeah, I really really don't like how many people know what Catahoula's are....well at least in theory they know. It's going to be Houla's downfall that they come in merle. It's one of the reasons I'm kinda like "STAY AWAY" with Koolies. Merle is pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
They are gorgeous.

But to play devil's advocate, aussies can come in black and tan although it isn't all that common and working bred dogs don't tend to carry a lot of coat. Although given the fact that the dog is tailed, I doubt it. And I honestly lol'd at them only herding australian sheep...Cara didn't get that memo.
Oh I know they come in black and tan, but this dog was smooth coated (as in a little shorter coat than Traveler) with a giant thick tail and a very thick head.

And I giggled a lot at the Australian Sheep thing. I wonder if that means German Shepherds and English Shepherds follow the same rule
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Gempress Gempress is offline
Walks into Mordor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,955
Default

Voodoo is not impressed by your brindle 'houlas.

*raised eyebrow*



I think they're quite adorable, though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,120
Default

So where do I order my brindle 'houla? Is there a wait list?
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-09-2012, 08:53 PM
houlahoops's Avatar
houlahoops houlahoops is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
And yeah, I really really don't like how many people know what Catahoula's are....well at least in theory they know. It's going to be Houla's downfall that they come in merle. It's one of the reasons I'm kinda like "STAY AWAY" with Koolies. Merle is pretty
Luckily around here people see them as "don't touch just pig dogs" kind of critters. It doesn't enter into many peoples' minds as a pet-type animal. The nice thing about that is that you have very few apartment folks picking out a Catahoula pup (and being shocked when it rips the sink out of the wall), but unfortunately it means lots of good pups with no working drive get culled.

I think you should start making up breeds when people ask you. I told someone Bailey was a heffalump one time and the woman asked me if I imported him directly from Germany or if they bred them here.
__________________
Emily and Pippa v. Johnson-Haus
"Well, don't let me be the moldy cheese in your refrigerator of hope." - Justin McKee



http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Equinox's Avatar
Equinox Equinox is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,817
Default

I love this photo thread so much, it's SO wonderful to see Didgie and Traveler together and how much fun they have with you. Perfect pair. Even if, you know, you apparently got ripped off and got a pair of brindle Catahoulas instead.

Also, you and Kay have inspired me to teach Trent to climb trees (or at least pose on them ). He's has more lumbering brute than agile grace, but it's worth a shot

ETA: I also didn't get to say this before, but holy crow am I glad you have a camera again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site