Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 AM
cRaZy AbOuT DOGS

Default What's your Season?

If your dogs were asked to pick a season, what would their season be?

Summer season is Snowy and Crystal's season and here is why:

Just a little video I put together (about 3 minutes) to show what they love to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUHD3...e_gdata_player

Wishing you a good and fun season

A couple of Dock Divers live here.
Small & WhiteFluffy, but beware, Mighty and Athletic.
Require the time from the master to keep them busy!

Mighty Maltese YouTube Channel

Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Kim -- Winter with snow
Webster -- Summer
Mira -- Any season in which she can swim
Brie -- Indoors. Where there are no seasons. Which is exactly how she likes it.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13

Last edited by Shai; 07-09-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Top Dog

Jinjo, the great red and white polar bear, LOVES winter! No other time do you see his eyes light up the same as when the first snow starts to fall, because a deep snow drift is THE BEST hunting in the world, don't you know!

Enda, that would be between spring and fall, she doesn't much like cold/cold, that freezing down the the bone cold. She also isn't enjoying the heat so much, she's "fine" with it, but when the scorching sun comes out and the humidity rises she tires easy and just wants to laze around (well, that would be my preference for her, I love summer).

Noods, well he's not happy right now, because the temps dipped bellow 80. He's a summer dog pure and simple. I've often thought about trying to find someone in the deep south to take him, he just turns into the grumpy blanket monster in the cold. He runs around and enjoys these high 80's and almost 100 degree temps we've been having.

Me, it's a tie with fall and winter. I can't pin point exactly what it is about winter I love so much, certainly NOT the cold, but I love fall for it's pure beauty, and menagerie of festivals.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Top Dog

Awesome video. I love your two!

I'm not sure. I think Jackson likes something from every season.

He is a snow freak... so he loves winter. He also has a lot more energy in the winter and can go for hours outside.

In the summer, we don't really do much except swimming and short walks and he gets tired real easily in the heat. He hates the heat! But he LOOOVEESS to swim so the summer is worth it for that.

And then Spring and Fall are always nice because it's not too cold, not too hot and we tend to do a lot more in terms of being outside in both of those seasons.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

For me and yoshi its winter. Its just so dangerously hot during summer.

Yoshi really comes to life in the winter time.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Winter. Suzie perks up so much during the fall and winter, its like a whole new dog. She's playful, hyper, and energetic. And it doesn't get THAT cold, so she can still swim most of the time.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Chihuahua Power!

That was an adorable video!

We don't really have "seasons" down here! Fall and Spring are more mild than summer (and less rainy), and winter is generally "cool" at most.

Hands down, winter is Rory's favorite season. He doesn't tolerate the heat too well, and prefers it to be under 60 degrees. He loves going north and playing in the snow each winter.

Tucker and Emma also prefer the cooler seasons. Tucker spends most of his summer time in the shade (can't blame him- that long, dark coat has to be hot!).

The hotter, the better for Chloe and Rylie! They'll lay in the sun when it's 90 degrees until you make them move.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Kaydee

For Sophie, any season but winter-salt in pads and wiping out on the ice, no fun. Plus short haired so needs sweaters and jackets to stay warm.

She loves to swim and sprint after squirrels and chipmunks so summer it is. Fall and Spring are just gorgeous around here.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Keira and Ripley: Summer! The warmer and the drier it is, the happier they are. Snow is too cold, rain is too wet, wind can be cold, etc. That said, they do enjoy the aftermath of spring and summer storms in the parks. Nothing like a good run and wallow through mud puddles! And yet, if a rain drop hits them, they think for certain they might die.

Dance: She's an all season girl. She doesn't do all that well in the heat, but as long as she has access to water or cool shelter, she's great. And spring and fall aren't extreme in any way usually, so those are good. Unlike the Dobermans, she doesn't believe she will melt in the rain (smart girl). And unless the temperatures are extreme or she has to walk in the snow for any length of time, she doesn't mind the cold of winter either. She's just happy to be outside no matter the season.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Love My Mutt <3

A season where it's not too hot but not too cold and it doesn't rain or snow

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13