Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post

Or..

<3

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

In a short/shaved down lamb, puppy or kennel clip, poodle coat maintenance is super easy and something that can be done at home with a little practice.

They aren't easy to find in shelters as puppies, but I would be hesitant to get a poodle without a decent health history. That's their biggest pit fall, health issues.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Let it be

I considered getting Briggs a pet rock 'cause he is OBSESSED WITH ROCKS and ignores all the animals. Seems like a good birthdady gift, no?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I considered getting Briggs a pet rock 'cause he is OBSESSED WITH ROCKS and ignores all the animals. Seems like a good birthdady gift, no?
I wish somebody would give me a pet rock for my birthday.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Let it be

I am looking at a litter next week... don't think the breeder would be okay with me shipping but what they don't know won't hurt them.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Poodles are pretty fabulous. And a shaved down black poodle doesn't look like what most picture a Poodle to be, if that kind of thing bothers you. They kind of look like a wooly lab mix.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I am looking at a litter next week... don't think the breeder would be okay with me shipping but what they don't know won't hurt them.
Dogs6 is a pet rock BYB. Maybe he knows somebody in BC he can get you in touch with...

Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

I really don't think a Boxer is a good idea either. I'm scratching my head at that one.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Twin 2

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it's still on track. I just wanted to say something I wanted to say in that rescue thread. More times than not dog aggression is genetic. Getting a puppy with no past will in no way decide if your dog will become DA or not. It's not about raising them right or them being abused, it's more hardwired than that.

Yes, there are things that can minimize or bring it out in a dog that otherwise wouldn't show it but that isn't the norm in my opinion.

You would be better off I think looking for an adult dog who has been fostered and that you can tell their overall personality than playing Russian Roulette with a puppy, especially since the breeds you are listing are prone to DA and/or SSA.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 PM
*Now with Snark*

You should wait 90 days... minimum before entertaining the idea of getting another dog. Don't worry you will survive and the emotion of the event will have time to pass to more rational thoughts.

Do not go look at puppies, do not stop at the shelter *just to look*, just don't... trust me on this.