Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Ok... I think there is a more than valid point in being guilty in not watching their original dog. It IS their responsibility, and I'd be MIGHTY pissed off if my dog received a puncture to her cheek, small or not. And yes I might even have reported it too.

I also second the opinion that now is not the right time to get a dog and definitely NOT right to get a more difficult breed.. NO WAY.

However - I think suggesting they get a pet rock is actually just being a bit of a dick and pretty much like bullying. Let's all point fingers and laugh, and maybe just make this person feel even more sh!t that they have just lost their dog - which they CLEARLY loved. Regardless of HOW it happened - it is a life lesson.... I am pretty sure they will not do it again.

You can all get your point across without resorting to being stupid and cruel I am pretty sure.

I thought this was a place to educate and help people??? There are TONS of people on this board who have done stupid things and made stupid decisions in the past.... and GROWN UP and become RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE they came on this board. Even if it took a bit of time.

So how about we all stop being the school yard mob and offer something constructive without being a tit.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Eh, there are plenty of good posts.

I think the pet rock is a snarky and unhelpful post, I don't however think anything said (aside from GSD shed a lot) has appeared to help the OP rethink their unwise jump into owning a "dangerous" dog after their previous small dog got out repeatedly and attacked a neighboring dog subsequently gaining itself a one-way ticket to one-strike-you're-out-city.

Snark happens, especially when the general audience is appalled, just as you are, but I haven't seen a genuine lack of care and lack of input offered up.

That said, by all means OP, I really think you should take the advice of getting involved with rescue - an all breed one - and educating yourself.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Most threads have devolved at this point.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I really feel like the OP should wait to get another dog.

He adopted his first dog in May of this year... meaning he only had him for less than 2 months. He's made a thread about wanting to move to a different state and will live in an apartment there as well.

My vote would be for the OP to hold off on getting his own dog. Maybe he can volunteer with a local rescue group to walk the dogs/socialize them to become more familiar with dogs. Then, once he's settled into one area, adopt a calm adult dog. I just think a puppy (especially a large and difficult breed) is a bad idea. Had his schnauzer-mix been a Rottie, it could've been some bad publicity for the breed =/

Just my two cents

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Had his schnauzer-mix been a Rottie, it could've been some bad publicity for the breed =/
It wouldn't have just been bad publicity the dog probably would have been ordered to be destroyed.

There is quite a bit of good info here but the only thing the OP had even acknowledged is the shedding issue. So if no advice is being taken or at least even acknowledged I really don't see the reason everyone else has to take the thread serious if the OP themself isn't.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Ok... I think there is a more than valid point in being guilty in not watching their original dog. It IS their responsibility, and I'd be MIGHTY pissed off if my dog received a puncture to her cheek, small or not. And yes I might even have reported it too.

I also second the opinion that now is not the right time to get a dog and definitely NOT right to get a more difficult breed.. NO WAY.

However - I think suggesting they get a pet rock is actually just being a bit of a dick and pretty much like bullying. Let's all point fingers and laugh, and maybe just make this person feel even more sh!t that they have just lost their dog - which they CLEARLY loved. Regardless of HOW it happened - it is a life lesson.... I am pretty sure they will not do it again.

You can all get your point across without resorting to being stupid and cruel I am pretty sure.

I thought this was a place to educate and help people??? There are TONS of people on this board who have done stupid things and made stupid decisions in the past.... and GROWN UP and become RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE they came on this board. Even if it took a bit of time.

So how about we all stop being the school yard mob and offer something constructive without being a tit.
Eh, personally, Im still waiting to see how the dog was loved. Did they love the IDEA of a dog? Absolutely. Did they love THIS dog? I find that hard to believe.

1) they set the dog up to fail, when the dog failed, won't own up to the fact that they failed the dog -- blames the owners of the dog who was doing nothing and got attacked in its own building

2) they are told to get rid of the dog within 24 hours; they jump and do it with no evidence of them even trying to find a solution to keep the dog

3) within a day of the dog leaving, coming on and saying they want to replace the dog -- a loved do could and would NEVER be replaced.

4) still won't own up and blames the dogs past and "there was nothing I could do", despite having said dog for a whole 2 months

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Eh, personally, Im still waiting to see how the dog was loved. Did they love the IDEA of a dog? Absolutely. Did they love THIS dog? I find that hard to believe.

1) they set the dog up to fail, when the dog failed, won't own up to the fact that they failed the dog -- blames the owners of the dog who was doing nothing and got attacked in its own building

2) they are told to get rid of the dog within 24 hours; they jump and do it with no evidence of them even trying to find a solution to keep the dog

3) within a day of the dog leaving, coming on and saying they want to replace the dog -- a loved do could and would NEVER be replaced.

4) still won't own up and blames the dogs past and "there was nothing I could do", despite having said dog for a whole 2 months

Have you looked at their previous threads?

And as I said.. it often takes time for people to learn and change. All people.... even those who don't think mocking people for their actions is wrong.

eta - I am not PC. Far from it.. but there's having a laugh and making fun.. and they are two different things.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Have you looked at their previous threads?

And as I said.. it often takes time for people to learn and change. All people.... even those who don't think mocking people for their actions is wrong.

eta - I am not PC. Far from it.. but there's having a laugh and making fun.. and they are two different things.

Please, show me one post where I was mocking and laughing at the OP. please, do. I was having a conversation with other people about pet rocks, Pretty sure I never mentioned the op in any of them, MAYBE one point I said I think a pet rock would be best.

Frankly, if you think it's ok to fail dogs, dump them, then tuen around and get another, you are more than entitled to that opinion. We are more than entitled to trying to save another dog from the same -- or worse -- fate as Cthulu. Yet notice how none of us have called you stupid for a (IMO) stupid opinion.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Shouldn't you educate yourself first?

"hey, get a mastiff! You cant handle a small dog, but get a huge one, this way, when your dog attacks the neighbors dog again, you won't have to worry about the neighbors dog cause it won't be alive!"

Shows your education level to call names. anyway i will not be responding because i know these are jabs to get me to tell you off again and i like it here and will not let you win.

anyway , carry on i will ignore you and your mistress.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Shows your education level to call names. anyway i will not be responding because i know these are jabs to get me to tell you off again and i like it here and will not let you win.

anyway , carry on i will ignore you and your mistress.
What? Where did she call you a name?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep