Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

What is Pronto?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Our Quaker was clipped pretty short when we got him. We got him in October, and his wings were clipped so short that when they were folded you could see the cut feather shafts sticking out in places. Poor guy falls like a stone.

Your caique is beautiful! Was your starling a wild rehab, or was he actually captive bred?
Aww..yeah my store clips them down pretty far, which I don't necessarily agree with, but is understandable given how the store is set up. We'd never catch them in the store if they flew up and away. Before I decided to get her, Chevelle was clipped short and yeah she really dropped. It's taken a LONG time for her to grow back out, and she still doesn't actively fly. The cockatiels only take maybe 6 weeks to go from clipped to flying.

I used to clip because when the cockatiels were out, if they could fly, they would bang into stuff and walls. But given the chance, they can now control themselves so much better and are better off, I think. There's no chance for them to escape though. I feel better leaving them flighted because if god forbid they got out when I wasn't there, they would at least have a chance to get away from Skye.

Pronto was a rehab, I hand fed him from ~12 days. He's great, but I do things on his terms or he gets very stressed. He eats freeze dried raw patties, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
What is Pronto?
He's a Starling.