Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Was Your Wedding What You Imagined?
It was everything I dreamed it would be 4 33.33%
It went pretty much according to plan 8 66.67%
It was very stressful but turned out okay 0 0%
Do you count bridesmaids dancing on tables??? 1 8.33%
It was a disaster I'd rather not revisit 1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Ours was small and intimate, with only close friends and family, who could make it (since mine is all in Germany). Everything went fine, but our pastor. He was SO nice first, but spoke waaaaay to fast during the ceremony. I couldn't understand what he was saying at times and when we had to repeat what he said kind of only mumbled because neither of us could remember his run-on sentences.. and realizing we both had problems almost made us burst out laughing

We never had a honeymoon, just a very short getaway and then he had to leave for training again.

One of my favorite pictures from our wedding:

Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Kaydee

That's such a sweet picture!!! The two of you look so blissed

Some of our pictures I'm glaring because he mushed the cake in my face to be funny...almost 30 years later I remind him of that.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

Love all the stories and the photos!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Mine was interesting as well. We had talked about marriage for quite some time, but had never really settled on when, and were not officially engaged when we decided on the date. When we decided to make the move from MI to CO, we felt it would be best if we were married. So, a month before we planned to leave, we called an elopement service in Ann Arbor and set our wedding date. Two weeks later, I finally told Josh's parents because he wouldn't do it and I got most of my handmade invites out.

Josh's parents were so angry, they decided they weren't coming, but at the last minute changed their mind. They were peeved because we only had parents, grandparents, and close friends. Eventually we threw a pretty large reception, but that was mostly to appease them.

On the day of the wedding, one of my brides-maids, her boyfriend, and my photographer ended up being 45 minutes later. Then, during the service, Josh's best man knocked over and broke a candle holder and laughed. We never had a honeymoon, but we stayed the night at a hotel with a Jacuzzi after a very nice dinner and cake-cutting experience at a local rustic restaurant. In the end, I wouldn't change a **** thing. It was one of the best days of my life and I loved every minute of it.

Pics on next post, as this is long already.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/

Last edited by meepitsmeagan; 07-08-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Peectures. Sorry they are BIG!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Top Dog

We went to the court house, got our license, then turned out that there was no one there that could marry us (despite them telling us that there was someone there everyday). So they gave us a number to a man who lived maybe 3mi. away. Went to his house, he married us there, then back to the court house to get the license notarized. The whole process took an hour LOL. It was great.

I had NO intentions on having a wedding, did not appeal to me at all. I'm the only daughter (2 brothers) and youngest child. We're having a "reception" thing in April where friends/family will be invited.