Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Blackout

Default How's 2012 been for everyone so far?

I can't believe it...there's only less than half the year to go already! Like the title says...how's the year been for everyone up to present?

The year that the Queen of England's kids all got divorced, her castle burned down, and the monarchy in general looked like it wasn't going to be hanging on for much longer she called her "Annus Horribilis" - 2012 is thus so for me apart from getting my dog and a small palmful of nice memories.

Started off bumpily with huge issues with a friend and some family, took a HUGE paycut, more family issues - making life at home arduous and unpleasant and my car's lease expiring leaving me having to use public transit and time sharing my parents car (VERY difficult) and my cousin's (only once officially after my strawberry frappucino exploded in his cupholder after I drove too fast off a speedbump). Unsuccessful job hunts, more family and friend issues, financial worries for me and parents alike, health concerns and worse news after bad news followed and as of recent the hospitalization of my grandfather (hes home now though) and drama again with a friend. I'm burnt out and cling to careful optimism. Even if things do pick up...2012 will not be a year that I will be glad to remember - other than it was the year that I got my dog.

Hope everyone else's was alot better though =)
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Top Dog

Sorry yours has been so rough!

Mine's been pretty good. I guess most of it is spillover from 2011--nothing major has happened/changed in 2012, just continued. We bought our first house in November, so we've been enjoying getting comfortable in it and learning its quirks. Nothing major has broken though, so we've been able to actually enjoy it instead of have to fix it all the time!

I also finished up my first year of teaching, after making a pretty major career shift from Federal IT Consultant to middle school algebra teacher. I survived though, and am now reaping the benefits of that with summer vacation.

I'm finally starting to form my own friends. It sounds silly, but after graduating from college it was really, really hard for me to make close friends. In my old job, it was almost all guys, which was fine (we got along great) but it's hard to be close friends with them (especially when I am married, it just made me uncomfortable past a certain point). But I've befriended a few ladies from agility and we've been doing Friday night training parties and taking our dogs out to restaurants together in the nice weather, and it's just been SUCH a relief to have women in my life again!

To top it all off, we're leaving tonight for nearly 2 weeks on a European cruise

So yeah, life is pretty darn good right now Definitely riding a high from that.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Top Dog

No complaints so far. I'm enjoying my new house a lot and having a wonderful time with my gardening and landscaping improvements. I'm so thankful to be close by my family now and glad that I moved away from Idaho where I was so isolated...even though I miss many parts about it.

It sounds like you've been having a rough road for a while. Things should look up pretty soon. It can't be like that forever.Hang in there.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I'm finally starting to form my own friends. It sounds silly, but after graduating from college it was really, really hard for me to make close friends. In my old job, it was almost all guys, which was fine (we got along great) but it's hard to be close friends with them (especially when I am married, it just made me uncomfortable past a certain point).
This has been the best part of my year - making friends lol. After three years at this job and two years in this city I FINALLY have friends that I can call up and hang out with and it's so awesome. Have SO MUCH FUN on your vacation! I'm jealous, it sounds awesome!

This year has also been a win for: hard work paying off in the form of dogs getting along, a NEW (to me) car, Matt's new job, the chance to cross train in the server group at work, the opportunity to become a dog trainer in my free time, Mu rocking her agility classes, Murphy learning how to shape, and Tipper being the funniest dog EVER. The only really bad thing so far is the fire and even that is looking up - 80% containment FTW!!

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 07-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Top Dog

I'm doing okay. I graduated, and picked a masters program to apply to. Those are pretty much the only two life-events that have happened.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Top Dog

Good. Can't complain about anything other than the fact that I can not find a house! But at least I am in the position to get one so I tell myself not to complain. Nobody's died or lost a job.

I should start my bachelors in august( but have still not gotten the report on how many classes I need to take and if they say everything I may rethink that), getting married in September so lots to look forward to. I just want to move and there was a perfect place we loved we lost again(why we gave up a couple years ago).

I have everything including cars paid off now and it's a nice feeling. I have changed the way I spend and it's nice. I know I could do more but not buying a new car is a big change for me.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Absolute ****. Lost a close friend to suicide, said goodbye to the best ferret in the history of ferrets, and watched a close friend lose her ferret to a terrible accident.

Im ready for 2012 to be done and over with.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quit my job which destroyed my soul, got a new job which I start in 2 weeks, move in with my boyfriend who is just fantabulous in a week, I'm in China having an amazing time right now.... Annnnnnnnnnd there may be something exciting planned for September

Don't wanna count my chickens but... It's about time
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Kaydee

Oy, one of those years with a best of and worst of at the same time. My niece's wedding was magical as was my Dad's birthday. Dancing with my kids will go down in the history books, Whhhhooooppppppeeeeeee!!!!

At the same time one of my daughters almost checked out permanently...sigh

I will find another, better, job and have hubby, dog, cats, so blessed with that...must be grateful.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

Been sorta a so-so year thus far.

January was rough, mentally and emotionally. Visited "home". Zander came to live with us, but I was still having issues with my mother and many of the "friends" I was once close to. Lot of arguments with DH, lot of trying to figure out who I was, what I wanted to stand up for, and what I needed to throw away. DH took a paycut, but it allowed us to live on base and for that I'm pretty thankful.

Hormonal issues have only gotten worse, and I'm just now in the position to make an appointment and hopefully get it sorted out. It's begun to affect my every day life and my relationship, and I'm pretty tired of being a constant hormonal bitch! I've come to the conclusion that I really do need my teeth done, and I've at least accepted it. Not happy about it though.

Got news that we are being moved to Aviano AFB. That was very unexpected, but as long as I can take Zander then I can deal with it. Once we are there maybe I can enjoy it. For now I'm an anxious mess. Since we are PCSing, I'm having to put off school for yet another year, although I do have 3 Associate's Degrees to live with for now. I am not allowed to work, by law, while we are in Italy. I'm not sure how I'll bide my time over there.

Had puppy plans made and canceled, but the breeder never responded anyway so I suppose it wasn't meant to be. Perhaps we'll find our match while over there.

Still fighting myself over my mother, but so far I have maintained distance since January. I haven't spoken to her at all, and my life is at least less miserable for it.

BIL and SIL are finally getting married officially, but we already considered them so.. Lol. I'm having fun helping her plan things from afar, but I wish I was there with them.

So, meh. Some ups, some downs. But not all bad.