Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Blackout

Default Please help!

I've got a wonderful, sweet, talented, smart caring friend - we've known each other a long time. She's quite abit younger than me but is way beyond her years.

I don't quite know what has happened in her life as of recently to make her feel like this so suddenly but I suspect she is going to try to commit suicide soon. She's wanted to die quite alot but I've always been able to pull her out of it. This time feels so different and scary though...I don't want to lose her and I don't want her to lose life.

She is transgender, her family has left her high and dry, her relationships have been troubled and she's struggled for a good chunk of her young life with depression, bipolar, and just general hardships. The tide is always against her and she doesn't quite know how to break out of her cycle - I really suspect something else has happened though as she's not like she normally is.

I'm not quite sure what to say to her - I want her desperately to be around and not miss out on what could be a really good life, but she's just said to me "I'm so tired, please respect whatever I choose..". I'm really scared, She's been there done that with counselors and therapists and she feels "disenchanted" with them, She's not the type of person to go to group or community support things and she doesn't have a wide social network. I'm her only close friend and she doesn't really like socializing much even when I've tried to take her out.

Can you guys please offer me up suggestions as to how to see this thru? I don't want to see her do something foolish and I'm very very scared....
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-07-2012, 12:44 AM
*Now with Snark*

My answer is do what you have to do. If you're 98% sure that's what she intends CALL 911
and report it.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Blackout

I can't get thru to her...I have no idea if she'd be at home or...sigh...I'm just hoping she will be alright right now...

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I'm so sorry you're going through this

I don't have many suggestions, but please know, all you can do is be there for her, and listen to her, and let her know how much she means to you.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Blackout

She said earlier that she appreciated and loved me but that the pain was greater than anything and that she didn't know how she could go on....I want to cry but I feel like my tears have all dried up...I'm exhausted but still very anxious...

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Top Dog

Sorry I went through this with my best friend he's a recently come out gay. If you think she is going to do something call the police in her area and let them know. They will do a check on her and calling them doesn't mean they will drag her off then and there.

I live in OK my best friend was in CA and I woke up to a text at 4:30 am with him telling me I was a great friend but he was tired of everything. It took me an hour to get up the courage to call the PD.

They went by his house and he wasn't home but his family was and they called him telling him the PD was looking for him and I text him and called him. He went home and talked to them.

For him that was rock bottom and he's turned around and is almost done with school now. I'm not saying that is what will happen with your friend. But the only thought I had was I didn't think I could live with myself if my best friend killed himself and I didn't try everything I could to reach him. I could have failed and he could have still gone through with it. I would have been devastated but I would have known I had tried as hard as I could to help him.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Top Dog

Also adding as a second post since my computer won't let me edit for some reason :/

I even got online and talked to a suicide hotline person. I felt guilty for weeks after calling. But we've talked recently and he said the turning point for him was that someone cared enough to call when he needed.

It may not help and they may still go through with it but don't let this be something where you wondered if you could have helped save her for the rest of your life. Do what you can and know that you've done what you could.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Blackout

I just really have no idea where she's up to now. It hurts me so much that there are no mutual friends I can call or even her family. The loneliness and isolation must be horrible for her...I tried to make it better but maybe it just wasn't enough....

I'll give them a try but I'm quite shaky now, and Katalin needs her walk soon...I have a feeling this is going to be a rough night, if not couple of days....

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Top Dog

I'd call the PD and give them what info you have. She could be at home not answering.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Blackout

I'll try....but honestly I have no idea where she could be right now, I just hope she's still around...

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard