Decisions ... decisions

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
So I noticed today that Misty is in heat... about a month and a half before I was expecting it... the little imp.

So here is my dilemma - if I bred her in theory she would whelp out about one week after I planned to move to the winter house. I've never known anyone to whelp out a dog so shortly after moving but I do have a few concerns with what moving would do to her stress levels. New place - new yard - new puppies just strike me as a horrible mix.

Of course I do have some options - I could move early... like the last week of August OR... I could abort the whole plan which I'm not overly thrilled with either. I really wanted a puppy out of this pairing and more time means more time for things to fall apart on the pairing which I've already negotiated. FML....

Oh men plan and puppy dogs laugh. What would you do?

Xandra

What is her temperament like? If she is shy or nervous in new surroundings maybe it's a bad idea, but if she's generally confident I would have her bred.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
She's sharp for the breed but not shy- she is a little sensitive to change. If I move stuff in a room she has to investigate everything which I guess is a sign of stress. Her only real quirk is horrible true motion sickness.

Romy

Taxiderpy
You know her best as far as how she'd handle moving. I'd go with your gut. We moved Kaia to a friend's house 4 days before she whelped because it was set up much better for her. She totally took it all in stride. She did end up having a c-section but that had nothing to do with stress and everything to do with puppy #1 trying to come out sideways, otherwise it would have been fine. She was fine with them afterward too in the new place.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I'm going to go through the "let's get ready process" and see if anything implodes on me. I can always call it off if anything just appears majorly overly complicated. So I guess I'll make a vet appt for Mon for the brucellosis test.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I really like his look. Very moderate. What's his breeding? Reminds me a lot of Beau when he was young (only with much better ears!).

Members online