Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Correct. So the Kelpies and Koolies on this board wouldn't be able to do herding or tracking with AKC because they'd have to be registered as Canine Partners.

Further, they would have to be spay/neutered to do even that, so for them to compete in AKC they'd have to be taken out of the small gene pool for their breed in this country.
Hence the late altering plan with Zinga. Zuma is a PAL but we only compete in agility right now so I'm not too much help on the difference! It was super easy to register, I didn't even have to send proof of spay but was prepared to if they asked for it.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Hence the late altering plan with Zinga. Zuma is a PAL but we only compete in agility right now so I'm not too much help on the difference! It was super easy to register, I didn't even have to send proof of spay but was prepared to if they asked for it.
She's a PAL? Isn't that Purebred Alternative Listing? I thought she would have to do Canine Partners. Does that mean she can try herding?!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
She's a PAL? Isn't that Purebred Alternative Listing? I thought she would have to do Canine Partners. Does that mean she can try herding?!
Shiznit. I meant the other one... that's what I get for typing and drinking again.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

I don't know a whole lot about herding but arn't there other venues than AKC? Like where do all the AKC-hating border collie people compete, just ABCA?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

Yes I understand that, though there are very few non-AKC herding trials in this area. And most of the ones through other venues are affiliated with someone I do not support. Hmm..great..things to think about .

Old 07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
I don't know a whole lot about herding but arn't there other venues than AKC? Like where do all the AKC-hating border collie people compete, just ABCA?

AKC, ASCA, AHBA, and USBCHA all do herding trials in the U.S. Everyone I've ever talked to said AKC's is the easiest and for BC people USBCHA seems to be the pinnacle but I haven't done real herding and have only seen a little so I can't weigh in on that.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Yep I do ASCA herding, and they allow many herding breeds, even some very obscure ones, to compete
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Shiznit. I meant the other one... that's what I get for typing and drinking again.
**** IT, I was excited LOL.

What I really, REALLY don't get is why Canine Partners can't do tracking? I get that herding and field trials and coursing are all breed/type specific, but tracking? It seems to be the odd man out, and it's long been an all-breed sport.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
**** IT, I was excited LOL.

What I really, REALLY don't get is why Canine Partners can't do tracking? I get that herding and field trials and coursing are all breed/type specific, but tracking? It seems to be the odd man out, and it's long been an all-breed sport.
Even herding...there are enough purpose-bred mixed breeds now that could compete. Maybe they don't want mixed breeds kicking butt in these sports .

Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Mutts to you

Well, you could try registering him with the Mixed Breed Club, too (http://mbdca.tripod.com/index.html). They offer titles in obedience, rally, conformation, lure coursing, tracking, versatility and retriever instinct.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey