Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Are you a finger licker?
Yes, when I'm counting money or need to separate something I always lick my fingers 1 2.38%
Yes, I always lick my fingers when I'm separating things (except for money) 1 2.38%
Yes, I lick my fingers while separating money/things AND to lick my fingers clean from food 0 0%
Yes, I always lick my fingers to separate things (not money) and to lick them clean anywhere 0 0%
I only lick my fingers after eating food anywhere(hey, gotta get every last bit of flavor!) 7 16.67%
I only lick my fingers after eating at home 20 47.62%
I never lick my fingers... it skeeves me out 8 19.05%
Dorito cheese (licked off of fingers, of course!) 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
If somebody was licking my fingers, they never would have made it to husband status

Yeah, I couldn't imagine having my fingers licked by anyone except for the dogs. That would really creep me out.

The idea of licking food particles and god only knows what off SOMEONE ELSES fingers is nauseating. I won't even lick my own fingers.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Taxiderpy

I'll only lick my own finger if it's got chocolate on it and I'm at home. Otherwise, eeewww.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

I don't lick my fingers normally. I do chew on my fingernails though. I'm trying to get out of that habit. What grosses me out more is people who stick their finger up their nose or pick their nose.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
orange iguanas.

No. No no no. If I were to get a little ketchup on my fingers - at home - then maybe. But I don't do it to handle things and I especially wouldn't do it AFTER handling things!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
But I don't do it to handle things and I especially wouldn't do it AFTER handling things!
Especially this!! Working with children for so many years has made me into a compulsive hand washer and the idea of licking my hand after touching stuff... bleah.

That's the only reason I'd like my finger when eating chocolate, because I know my hand is sterile if I'm eating something.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Yup! At least when I'm eating, although usually I only do it in public if I know the people I'm with really well. I mean, why let all the yummy stuff go to waste? The chip flavoring gets on your fingers, and that is the best part!

Oh, and also when I read books and I can't get the page to turn. I'm really unsqueamish though. I didn't realize it grossed so many people out.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Kaydee

For plastic bags when I'm bagging my own stuff, something sweet and powdery or goopy and I'm all alone...money? Gah!!!! Money is mad filthy, when I was a cashier I had sanitizer under the counter and washed my hands every break.

Somebody else licking my fingers? Live in a house full of critters, somethings always licking me...
...wait that didn't come out right
Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

I will occasionally, if I am trying to split the pages of magazines. I would never do it with money or food though, yuck, and not in front of people! I'm also a bit of a hand sanitizer freak, so I do that all the time.

My Photos
Old 07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yes I am lol. all the time... everywhere. I don't lick to separate money or anything like that but I always lick my fingers when I eat. I can't help it lol. I just do it. I mean I'm not all "tongue wagging licking my fingers like an ice cream cone" lol

Maybe that's why I rarely get "for real" sick

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

Ew, gross. Nope, I'm not a finger licker. I won't say I never have, because I'm sure at some point in time I've had to, but it's something I try not to do.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN